Becoming a Home-Schooled Student at NHTI Is Easy
NHTI offers rolling enrollment, which means it’s always a good time to enroll for next semester! Not sure what program to choose? Review the programs of study or email an admissions counselor at NHTIadmissions@ccsnh.edu.
Many home-schooled students are admitted to NHTI each year and find success both academically and socially at the college. We understand that your academic background differs from students who attended traditional public, private, or charter schools. Our small class size and active campus life allows you to engage closely with faculty, staff, and fellow students and become part of our community.
1. Apply for Admission
Great news: There is no application fee! If you fill out the online application, you will need to create a new account; click “First time user account creation” and follow the instructions.
While the nature of home schooling is unique to each student, NHTI requires appropriate documentation, which may include the following:
- A letter from your local school district stating you have completed a home school program at the high school level
- A list of courses taken and grades earned and/or portfolio of work accomplished
- High school equivalency or other testing, if applicable
- An official transcript if your home school curriculum is provided by a U.S. regionally accredited school
Contact the director of admissions with any questions regarding documentation and/or admission to NHTI programs at 603-230-4011 or NHTIadmissions@ccsnh.edu.
2. Apply for Financial Aid and/or On-Campus Housing
NHTI participates in all forms of federal financial aid. We suggest you apply for financial aid at the same time you are applying for readmission. Take a few moments to review these FAQ:
- What are NHTI’s tuition and fees?
- How much will NHTI cost me?
- What is financial aid exactly?
- Where do I apply?
- Do I qualify for a scholarship or grant?
- What is work study, and do I qualify for it?
You must be accepted into a program at NHTI and have your EasyLogin username before you complete your Application for On-Campus Housing.
3. Complete Assessment and Testing
All students are required to take ACCUPLACER® placement tests. If you have subject-specific transfer credits or meet the SAT requirements, you can be waived from taking some placement tests.
Have you earned experiential credits? You may be able to apply them!
Contact the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) at 603-230-4027 to make an appointment to take any required tests and to register for courses.
4. Register for Courses
Once you have been accepted into a program and completed the placement test, you can begin the advising and registration process. The first time you register for classes, you will need to meet with an academic advisor.
5. Pay for Classes and/or Housing
Tuition, fees, and housing costs for the upcoming semester are due two weeks before the first class day of the semester. NHTI provides a variety of payment options. The Bursar’s office can help you decide how to combine scholarships, awarded financial aid, and your own personal funds to cover your tuition costs.
6. Attend Orientation
At NHTI, we aim to make your transition here easy. Sign up for an orientation, which typically runs from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Parents are welcome to attend.
7. … Almost there! Just a few more things.
- Submit a Health History Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Say ‘Hi!’ to your Lynx connection. Every new NHTI student is connected to an NHTI employee – they’re your LynC, your champion of success and navigator for NHTI departments, services, and opportunities beyond your classes and your academic program.
Summer Lynx Program
Interested in saving money, making friends, and getting a jump on your college journey? Check out out Summer Lynx Program today!
Other Home-Schooled Student Opportunities
Did you know that home-schooled students are able to complete dual enrollment courses while finishing their high school studies? Dual enrollment courses allow you to earn high school and college credit at the same time – with a tuition discount!