The Residence Life Office is available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Call 603-230-4044. If you need to reach your resident director, use the following numbers during business hours:
- Colby (Langley), ext. 4378
- TBD (Strout and South), ext. 4382
Leave a voice mail, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Welcome to our house! Join our vibrant, diverse on-campus residence community and see the advantages:
- Experience: Living on campus makes it easier for you to get involved in projects/clubs that influence your community. You’ll have opportunities to develop new leadership experiences, showcase your ideas, and achieve outcomes that bolster your resume.
- Supportive relationships: Social and academic support fuse together in student housing. You’ll have ongoing access to study partners and informal peer tutors.
- Amenities: Our residence halls are equipped with TV lounges, vending machines, laundry facilities, game spaces where you can play pool, ping pong or game by signing out an Xbox.
- Diversity: Our housing hosts a dynamic segment of the campus population. You’ll live with people from all over the country and overseas, building relationships with students of various cultures, ethnic traditions, and gender identities.
- Convenience: Living in student housing enables you to focus on what’s really important: your future. You’ll be liberated from concerns (and costs) related to traffic, parking, and bad weather travel. Your meals are prepared for you and you do not need to worry about the electric or heating bill.
Get Involved with Your Hall
As a resident, you can impact your community and have a say in your residence life experience.:
- Join Hall Council and help plan activities and trips for your building!
- Conveniently work on campus at the dining hall, bookstore, campus offices or even in your own residence hall as a desk attendant.
- Become a resident assistant (RA) and help support other students as they transition to college, plan activities and help build community in your hall.
- And, don’t forget all the clubs and organizations at NHTI. Living on campus makes being an active club member easier and more convenient.
NHTI Residence Life by the Numbers
|1:20 staff/student ratio in the halls|
|3 co-ed residence halls|
|2 mixed gender floors|
|354 programs/activities offered by Residence Life last year|
|Lowest college housing costs in the state!|
Residence Hall Safety
Your safety and security are important to us. We use technology and people to keep our residence halls secure and you safe.
- Residence hall staff on duty 24 hours/day when school is in session
- Campus safety officers on duty 24 hours/day every day of the year
- Exterior doors to residence halls locked 24 hours/day and accessible to residents with a proximity reader card
- Panic button on all floors
- Perimeter alarms around the exterior of the residence halls
- Code Blue phones around campus
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in every room
We are excited to offer the option of living on-campus year-round in South Hall. South Hall offers a large, open kitchen space that allows residents to plan and cook their own meals when dining services are limited during academic breaks. Students who need to remain on-campus during Thanksgiving, Winter, Spring and Summer Breaks should request 12-Month Housing when they apply, as only students who select this option will be guaranteed to stay (the Residence Halls close for breaks).
Students may request this option if they wish to live in a community without regard to gender. Students will only be placed in this community if they specifically request it, but space is limited so apply today!