The NHTI Shared Governance framework facilitates a vibrant, supportive, and transparent environment of collaboration and communication ensuring decision-making uses the cornerstone principles of partnership, equity, accountability, and ownership.
This inclusive process of decision-making includes a 26-member College Council and five subcommittees: Student Success and Assessment of Student Learning; Curriculum; Institutional Research, Effectiveness, and Sustainability; and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging. NHTI values all faculty, staff, and student voices.
We invite all members of our college community to submit proposals to the College Council. Proposals are reviewed by the appropriate committee and, if approved, are forwarded to the College Council. Approved College Council proposals are recommended to the college president for final support.
College Council Agendas and Minutes
- February 5, 2021: Agenda, Minutes
- February 19. 2021: Agenda, Minutes
- March 2021: Agenda, Minutes
- April 2, 2021: Agenda, Minutes
- April 16, 2021: Agenda, Minutes
- April 30, 2021: Agenda, Minutes
- May 7, 2021: Agenda, Minutes
- October 8, 2021: Agenda, Minutes
- Nov. 5, 2021: Agenda, Minutes
- Dec. 3, 2021: Agenda, Minutes
Subcommittee Agendas and Minutes
- Feb. 2021: Agenda, Minutes
- March 2021: Agenda, Minutes
- April 2021: Agenda, Minutes
- May 2021: Agenda, Minutes
- Oct. 2021: Agenda, Minutes
- Nov. 2021: Agenda, Minutes
- March 2022: Agenda, Minutes
- March 2022 (2): Agenda, Bylaws
- April 2022: Agenda, Minutes
- May 2022: Agenda, Minutes
- Oct. 2022: Agenda, Minutes
- Nov. 2022: Agenda, Minutes
Meeting Dates and Times
The College Council meets at 9 a.m. on the first Friday of each month during the academic year. The College Council does not meet during the months of January and June – August. The agenda for each meeting is provided publicly at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting. Additional meetings may be scheduled as needed.
Council members are asked to follow the following rules of etiquette:
- All meetings follow the Robert’s Rule of Order
- Arrive to meetings on time.
- Members unable to attend a meeting, or who will be late, should notify the co-chairs of College Council.
- Members are not permitted to send a voting substitute. Only elected faculty and Presidential administrative appointees have voting privileges.
- Please raise your hand to be acknowledged by the Chair for comments, discussion, and questions at the table.
- After 2 consecutive unexcused absences, members may be asked to discontinue as a member of College Council so that a replacement can be found.
- Agenda items should be submitted to the Chair the Friday prior to the Council meeting for distribution
Guests are asked to abide by the following guidelines when interacting with Council:
- Guests are welcome at all meetings of College Council and the subcommittees.
- Council will discuss only agenda items for that meeting. Members of the College Community with proposals or issues for Council should contact the Chair of Council no later than the Friday prior to the meeting in order to place items on the agenda for the next meeting. However, agendas are typically set by the proposals submitted to the College Community. Any adjustments to the agenda are at the discretion of the chairs.
- The Initiator of a proposal must be in attendance to present the proposal and answer questions. In the absence of the Initiator, an appropriate designee can present the proposal.
- Guests are welcome to take a seat along the sides of the room. Those with proposals will be asked to join Council at the table when their proposal is being discussed.
- Guests are asked to limit the overview of their proposal to approximately 5 minutes. Submission Form Minutes
31 College Drive
Concord, NH 03301