Dining Solutions Designed for You
Dining programs and services reflect the diversity and spirit of NHTI. Multiple meal plan options are available to satisfy every student’s lifestyle. NHTI’s dining program includes The Bistro, Granite State Subs. a self-serve salad bar, and a locally sourced coffee roaster. We also have Capital Commons, an all-you-care-to-eat dining facility open to everyone, and 603 Burger, a revolving concept driven by a student-choice voting system. Our dining program offers:
- Regional-inspired menus with seasonal local produce, authentic ingredients, and conscious preparation
- Monthly events and promotions to engage our community and ensure guests that they are receiving sincere attention as well as the greatest value possible
- Allergen-friendly awareness showcased by dedicated stations for guests who are vegan, vegetarian, or avoiding gluten while dining at our open buffet facility
NHTI, in collaboration with our partners in Dining Services, makes every effort to adapt and support students with food allergies, Celiac Disease, and other medical dietary restrictions. We ask that students with any nutritional concerns reach out to our Dining Services partner, Chartwells, to ensure we are meeting dietary needs.
Fall 2021 Hours of Operation
- Hot Breakfast: 7-9:30 a.m.
- Continental Breakfast: 9:30-11 a.m.
- Lunch: 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Light Lunch: 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Continental Breakfast: 10:30-11 a.m.
- Brunch: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Light Lunch: 1-4 p.m.
- Dinner: 4-6 p.m.
- 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
All students living in a residence hall on campus are required to purchase a meal plan. Resident Life recommends incoming first year students to purchase The Ultimate Plan for their first semester. Students can add additional Flex Dollars to their account at any time in increments of $25.
19 Meals per Week and $100 Flex Dollars
This plan offers students the greatest value. Students can enjoy all 19 meals offered in Capital Commons each week. This plan is also supplemented with $100 in Flex Dollars per semester to be used for snacks, beverages, and more in the Capital Commons and The Bistro.
15 Meals per Week and $100 Flex Dollars
This plan is designed for students who are not on campus on the weekends. Students can enjoy up to 15 meals per week at Capital Commons. This plan is also supplemented with $100 in Flex Dollars per semester to be used for snacks, beverages, and more at Capital Commons and The Bistro.
NHTI commuter meal plan options are specifically designed for students who want to enjoy the same privileges that resident students enjoy but do not want to commit to a meal plan.
Block Meal Plans
Block Meal Plans offer students the most flexibility as the amount of meals can be used throughout the semester in any manner. Students can use their block meals at our all-you-care-to-eat dining hall. Unlike the traditional meals per week plans available to resident students, meals on our block plans carry over from week to week. Students do not have to worry about losing their meals each week if they do not use them. With a Block Meal Plan, there are no restrictions and plenty of flexibility. Block Meal Plans come in the following options:
- Block 50: 50 meal visits for Capital Commons Dining Hall and $100.00 in Flex Dollars that can be used either at the Bistro or Capital Commons Dining Hall. $450.00
- Block 25: 25 meal visits to Capital Commons Dining Hall and $75.00 in Flex that can be used either at The Bistro or Capital Commons Dining Hall. $257.00
- Block 10: 10 meal visits to Capital Commons Dining Hall and $50.00 in Flex that can be used either at the Bistro or Capital Commons Dining Hall. $125.00
Flex Dollars are accepted like cash in all our dining locations. Flex Dollars is a “declining balance account” that works on the same principle as a debit card. Students can use their Flex to purchase beverages or snacks at The Bistro, or a full meal in the Capital Commons Dining Hall. Each time a purchase is made, the purchase amount is subtracted from the Flex Dollars balance. Flex Dollars carry over from semester to semester but not from year to year. Additional Flex Dollars can be added to student accounts at any time in increments of $25. The more money put on the card, the more spending money that is added.
- $500: Receive $550 in Flex Spend
- $400: Receive $435 in Flex Spend
- $300: Receive $320 in Flex Spend
- $200: Receive $210 in Flex Spend
Credit or debit cards are accepted at both campus dining locations.
Unused Flex Dollars
Unused Flex Dollars carry over from Fall to Spring semester; however, unused block meals will not carry over. At the end of the Spring semester, all unused Flex Dollars are nonrefundable and will not carry over to the following school year. Students should select a meal plan according to their expected spending habits. Students can purchase additional meals and Flex Dollars at any time by contacting Chartwells Dining Services in Little Hall.