At NHTI, we’re committed to providing you with comprehensive patient-centered care while providing our students with an excellent learning experience. Our primary purposes are to:
- Educate dental hygiene students to become competent professionals
- Increase the public’s awareness of oral health. We believe quality dental hygiene care is critical to the total well-being of every patient treated.
Our dental hygiene clinic is a classroom/learning environment where student dental hygienists provide your services. Because the clinic is a learning facility, you may be required to return for several appointments to complete your necessary treatment.
Our students have been evaluated to laboratory and clinical competency prior to treating patients in the clinic and are closely supervised during your treatment to provide optimal care.
The NHTI Dental Hygiene Clinic is an educational facility where students provide dental care with close supervision by faculty. You should arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to fill out any necessary paperwork and pick up a parking permit. Because this is an educational facility, appointments are scheduled in 90-minute to 3-hour blocks, and multiple appointments may be required to meet your dental needs.
We appreciate your time commitment to helping our students fulfill their graduation requirements.
Cancellations: We understand you may need to cancel an appointment. Please give your student a 24-hour notice. Due to the student’s limited schedule, continued cancellations may make it difficult, if not impossible, to reschedule your appointment.
The NHTI Dental Hygiene Clinic operates using strict infection control practices as recommended by the CDC and OSHA. These practices are incorporated to protect you, the student dental hygienist, and faculty. Click here to read our Bloodborne Infection Disease Policy.
Fall Semester hours begin in September and continue through the first week of December.
- Appointment Times: Monday and Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Spring Semester hours begin mid-January and continue through the last week in April.
- Appointment Times: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
The clinic is closed during holidays, semester breaks, spring and summer vacations.
The Dental Reception Office is open year-round.
- Fall and Spring (September–Mid-May), 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Summer (Mid-May–August), 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- The office is closed for lunch from 12-1 p.m.
The following patient-centered services may be provided by the dental hygiene students at the NHTI Dental Hygiene Clinic. Services performed here are preventative and do not replace regular dental visits.
- Medical/dental history evaluation
- Blood pressure screening
- Oral cancer screening
- Dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Oral health risk assessment
- Education for prevention of oral disease
- Adult/child teeth cleaning, biofilm, and stain removal
- Desensitization of sensitive teeth
- Pain management (local anesthesia)
- Anti-microbial therapy
- Fluoride therapy
- Dietary analysis
- Pit and fissure sealants
- Impressions/study models
- Intraoral photographs
- Tobacco cessation education and referral
- Prosthetic (denture/partial) cleaning
- Periodontal scaling and debridement
- Dentist Examination (Comprehensive and Periodic)
- SDF (Silver Diamine Fluoride)
- Limited Oral Evaluation
Payment is due at time of service.
If payment has not been received, the student cannot schedule you for your next appointment.
We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
Cash, checks, and debit/credit cards are accepted.
Initial Assessment/Screening NO CHARGE
Adults with or without bitewing x-rays $30.00
Children 16 and under with or without bitewing x-rays $25.00
Seniors 60 years and above with or without bitewing x-rays $25.00
Active military or military veterans, with valid ID $25.00
CCSNH Staff/Faculty/Students $10.00
Periodontal Scaling and Rootplaning one to three teeth per Quadrant $20.00
Periodontal Scaling & Root planning-four or more teeth per Quadrant $30.00
Periodontal Maintenance $40.00
Full mouth series $35.00
Bitewing x-rays 2/$15.00 4/ $20.00
Panoramic x-ray $30.00
Periapical x-ray $10.00
Sealant Per Tooth $10.00
Dentist Examination (Comprehensive and Periodic) $10.00
Limited Oral Evaluation $38.00
SDF (Silver Diamine Fluoride) per tooth $11.00
- Bitewings taken with a cleaning are no longer included in the prophy fee. There will be a separate charge.
- Patient’s screened for dietary analysis, ADEX, senior case study but do not qualify will no longer receive free services for that series of treatment. They will be charged for services received.
- Dietary analysis, ADEX, and senior case study patients will still receive free care for that series of treatment.
- NHTI staff and students (dental students not included) are no longer they will be charged for services received.
Directions to NHTI:
- From north or south: I-93 to Exit 15 East onto I-393 then take Exit 1.
- From west: I-89 to I-93 North to Exit 15 East onto I-393 then take Exit 1
- From east: Route 4 to I-393 to Exit 1
At the bottom of the ramp, turn left towards the NHTI campus. Turn right at the stop sign onto Institute Drive. Take the third left after the stop sign onto Fan Road (in front of the Discovery Center). Follow Fan Road past the Discovery Center parking lot and the back side of Grappone Hall (do not park in the Grappone Hall faculty parking lot). Take a left at the stop sign, drive past the gazebo and continue to the front of Grappone Hall.
The Dental Clinic and handicapped parking are in front of Grappone Hall on both sides of the street. Please come to the dental reception desk in MacRury hall for a parking permit. With your back to Grappone Hall, you can see MacRury Hall diagonally to the left
If the dental parking lot is full, you will need to follow the directions back to the first stop sign on Institute Drive. Continue past Sweeney Hall and around the curve; you will then see the entrance to the main parking lot. Follow the sidewalk past the “blue light alert system” post and turn right onto the next sidewalk. MacRury Hall (Dental Clinic) is at the end of this sidewalk.
Please do not park in the Discovery Center parking lot, as it is not owned by NHTI. If you park in that lot, you will be ticketed and/or towed at your own expense.
What can I expect?
To have your teeth cleaned at our clinic, you will need a minimum of 4 appointments. Appointment length ranges from 90 minutes to 3 hours. The first appointment is a screening, at no charge, to make sure our students can treat you. The second appointment is for x-rays, unless you have current x-rays from another dental office that can be forwarded. If x-rays are not needed, you will be scheduled for a first-assessment appointment (the beginning of the cleaning process). Additional appointments would be scheduled as needed.
Is this a walk-in clinic or do I need to schedule an appointment?
You will need an appointment to be seen at the clinic. When you contact us, our office staff will ask for information that will go into our call book. Our students maintain their own schedules and will contact you to schedule your appointment.
What happens if I need to cancel an appointment?
Because the clinical services are provided to educate future dental hygienists and appointment times are limited, effective use of clinical time is important. If you should need to cancel your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. This will allow time for the student to fill that appointment with another patient. If you cancel or do not come to two or more confirmed appointments, your student hygienist may discontinue your care and refer you to a private-practice dental office.
Can I bring my children to my appointment?
Our clinic is not set up to accommodate unattended children. Please make arrangements for someone to watch your children outside of our offices during your scheduled appointment.
Please call 603-230-4023 for more information. You may also email us at [email protected].