Free, Friendly, Confidential Services Available for Eligible Students
Welcome to Accessibility Services – we’re here to support you in achieving your goals at NHTI! You’re encouraged to disclose the nature of your disability to the coordinator of Accessibility Services prior to your first semester at NHTI. The services available to students with disabilities vary according to students’ individual needs. Information regarding your disability is kept confidential.
In compliance with Section 504 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1991, NHTI does not discriminate against students with disabilities in terms of program admissions and/or opportunities for academic success.
Accessibility Services can support your goals and program of study through:
- Reasonable accommodation plans
- Academic coaching
- Assistive technology and equipment loans
- Referral for diagnostic testing
- Request for reduced course load
- Verification for health insurance and athletic participation
Am I eligible?
You could qualify for assistance if you have:
- A diagnosed disability
- A history of a disability, but have not previously received service
- A history of school difficulties
- An undiagnosed learning disability, ADD, or other disability
Documentation is required in all cases; some restrictions apply. Eligibility is determined by the coordinator of Accessibility Services.
- You are given equal opportunity to pursue programs of study and are evaluated with the same course objectives as all other students.
- Accommodations such as extended time on tests and separate quiet test environment may help you achieve course objectives.
- Faculty determine what’s reasonable and are required to assist you if you have a plan.
- Accessibility Services records are confidential and kept separate from the Registrar, Admissions, and other department records.
Documents and Links
- Important Differences between High School and College
- Student with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Transition of Students with Disabilities to Postsecondary Education: A Guide for High School Educators
- Annual Wheelchair Basketball Benefit for the Zech DeVits Memorial Equipment Fund