New Hampshire Residency Status

In order to qualify for New Hampshire resident tuition rates, a student must have been a legal resident of the state for a minimum of 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the student's NHTI enrollment date (first day of classes).

Students who change legal residence to New Hampshire during their studies at NHTI must still be legal residents of New Hampshire for 12 months prior to being eligible for resident rates. Change of address does not necessarily constitute change of legal residence.

In order to begin the process of eligibility, students must provide the Admissions Office with proof of residency, such as a notarized statement or rent receipts, that accurately reflects the effective date of residency. A New Hampshire driver's license is not sufficient proof of legal residency status.

To request a change in residency please fill out form here and submit it to the Admissions Office for review.

Bursar's Office
31 College Drive
Concord, NH 03301-7412
(603) 230-4012
Fax: (603) 230-9002
Please include Student ID#, if possible