Frequently Asked Questions and Contacts

Share With Your Friends
Have Questions About? Where do I go for online information? Where Do I get the Information?
Class Schedule; View Semester Charges, Student Account Balance Due and Authorized Financial Aid; Make a Payment, Sign up for ACH Direct Deposit Refund and set up Parent/ Guardian as an Authorized Payer; Set up the Online Installment Plan SIS - Student Information System Account
Steps for Applying: Tuition Deposit; Acceptance; Transfer Credit; Changing Major Admissions Office Home Page Admission's Office
Sweeney Hall Room 113
(603) 230-4011
Student Account Charges and Payment-Tuition & Fees; Third Party Billing; Financial Hold; Scholarships; Refunds and how to sign up for ACH Direct Deposit Refunds; Set up Online Installment Payment Plans; Set up Parent/ Guardian as Authorized Payer; Collections; 1098-T Tax Information Bursar's Office Home Page Bursar's Office
Sweeney Hall Room 114
(603) 230-4012
Financial Aid-Loans and Grants; Federal Work Study; STAL Loans; Financial Aid Award Letter Financial Aid Office Home Page Financial Aid Office
Sweeney Hall Room 105
(603) 230-4013
Registration Class Cost; Withdrawal; Add/ Drop; SIS Access; Release of Student Info Form; Grades/ Transcript Request Form; Intent to Graduate Form; Diploma/ Certificate Request Form; Address/Name Change Form; Veteran's Affairs and National Guard Resources Registrar's Office Home Page Registrar's Office
Sweeney Hall Room 146
(across from Bistro)
(603) 230-4014
Textbooks & Supplies Bookstore Home Page NHTI Campus Bookstore
located in Library
(603) 224-8231


Account Payment - Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I know how much I owe?

It is the student's responsibility to view their tuition, fees and/or dorm expenses online through their SIS account. (Log in. Select Student. Select Records. Click on View Account Detail page.) Payments can be made by cash, check, MasterCard/ VISA, Discover and Debit cards. Payment in full of all tuition, fees and dorm expenses is due two weeks before the first class day of the semester.

  • When do I have to pay my bill for the upcoming semester?

Payment in full or an acceptable payment arrangement in full for all tuition, fees and housing expenses is due two weeks prior to the first class day each semester. (See below if you will be receiving any financial aid.)

  • What if I don't pay my bill in full?

If full payment (less “anticipated financial aid) has not been made, or an Online Installment Payment Plan has not been set up two weeks prior to first class day each semester, a late charge fee of $50.00 may be applied to the student’s account. Students with outstanding balances on their accounts will not be permitted to register for future semesters or receive official transcripts until prior term balances have been paid in full. Accounts that remain unpaid will be sent to a collection agency.

  • What if I am a student receiving Financial Aid?

Financial Aid is not disbursed to student accounts until 30 days after the start of a semester. Students who have been awarded financial aid in the form of loans and/or grants may deduct the awarded amounts from the amount due ONLY when a signed copy of the "financial aid award letter/payment Deferment letter" has been returned to the Financial Aid Office prior to the payment due date or you could be subject to a late charge of $50.00. If you have not submitted the required documentation, the loan cannot be deducted from the amount due and the full amount due is due two weeks before the first class day of the semester. Remember to deduct any fees that may apply to the federal loans and if you have an alternative loan, check with the loan company to find out about any fees that need to be deducted from the loan prior to disbursement. Also, if awarded a loan you must also complete the loan application as well as entrance counseling. Your loan will not be disbursed until all requirements are met. If you are unable to pay your entire bill or the balance after the anticipated financial aid in a single payment then you need to set up an  Online Installment Payment Plan  online. The plan costs $30.00 per semester and your tuition and fees are spread over monthly payments during the semester.

  • If my financial aid exceeds my tuition & fees, when can I expect to receive a refund?

Federal financial aid will disburse approximately 30 days after the start of the semester. We do not know loan disbursement dates. To find out when your aid has been disbursed to your student account, and when your refund has been processed, you should begin checking your SIS View Account Detail page 30 days after the start of the semester. (Federal guidelines allow the school 14 days from the date of disbursement to process student accounts and refund to students.)

Students can expedite receiving their refunds by signing up for ACH Direct Deposit. The link to sign up for ACH Electronic Refunds can be found on the bottom of the SIS View Account Detail page. From the NHTI Refund processed date in SIS, ACH refunds can expect to be received in 1-3 business days; checks in 3-14 days. All paper checks are mailed; checks cannot be picked up. Please verify that we have your current mailing address in your SIS (click on Personal Information tab, then View Addresses (mailing) and Phone). Address changes can be made in the Registrar’s Office.

  • What if I withdraw from NHTI?

Although we hope this will not happen to you, some students find it necessary to withdraw from the college. Students must contact the Registrar’s Office if they intend to withdraw. As a clarification of the policy, you should note that if you are a first time student loan borrower and your financial aid consists only of a Stafford Loan then you are considered a non-financial aid recipient for the first thirty days of the semester. Withdrawal from courses will affect financial aid eligibility.

For information about possible financial impacts of withdrawing from NHTI, please visit:

  • What if I never attend a class(es)?

Students who never attend a class(es) or stop attending a class(es) at any time must officially withdraw themselves by the stated drop deadline to avoid grade and/ or fee penalties by filling out the appropriate form in the Registrar’s Office.

  • How do I change my address and/ or telephone number?

Address and telephone number changes are made in the Registrar’s Office by filling out a Directory Information Change form. You can verify in SIS what address we have on file for you.

Bursar's Office
31 College Drive
Concord, NH 03301
(603) 230-4012
Fax: (603) 230-9302