Each student organization must have a faculty/staff advisor. If students wish to nominate a faculty/staff member to serve as advisor, the nomination must be made to the Vice President of Student Affairs before consulting the faculty/staff member. The approval of the Vice President is necessary to equally distribute responsibilities. This will ensure that no faculty/staff member is asked to assume an undue load.
- Two or more students are necessary to form a new student group or activity. The actual number depends on the type of activity being planned by the group.
- Philosophy and intent of the organization and its recommended advisor are to be discussed with the Office of Student Life.
- Final approval on the appointment of an advisor is given by the Vice President of Student Affairs.
- A letter of intent and the name of an approved advisor should then be submitted to the Student Senate for recognition as an approved organization or group at NHTI.
- The organization will not be required to have an approved constitution at the time of its first request for funds from Student Senate. However, before a second request for funds is approved, a constitution must be submitted to, and approved by, the NHTI Student Senate.