The NHTI Student Leadership Program’s goal is to provide leadership development opportunities that will allow students to learn valuable life skills; these opportunities are designed to build leadership skills for students through workshops, seminars, and structured retreats. NHTI recognizes that there are many different types of leaders in many different roles on campus and have designed a program to reflect our students. Student leaders can participate in a wide range of activities, from workshops to coursework and retreats. The program is open to all NHTI students; however, participation in portions of the program requires a minimum 2.0 GPA. If you are interested in the program or would like more information, please contact the Office of Student Life at email@example.com.
- Increase student retention by providing more opportunities for students to connect with campus constituents
- Increase the marketability of our students for employment and transferability
- Increase the amount of training student leaders receive on campus to become resident assistants, student organization officers, captains of athletic teams, orientation leaders, peer mentors, campus tour guides, and various other valued student leaders on campus and in the community
- Create assessment and evaluation tools as success indicators for the Student Leadership Program
- To offer course credit for the completion of the Student Leadership Program