If a student is injured or is diagnosed with a communicable disease, the following steps will be taken:
- If an injury such as an exposure to a blood borne pathogen occurs during a clinical experience, report the injury immediately to the clinical instructor.
- If an injury occurs during an intercollegiate or intramural activity, report the injury immediately to the coach.
- The student will complete an Incident Report Form at the Health Services office on the following work day.
- A resident student must report all injuries or communicable illnesses to his/her Resident Director and the Health Services office within 24 hours.
- A commuter student is required to report all injuries occurring on campus or any communicable illness to the Health Services office on the following work day.
- If an injury/illness occurs while attending a college sponsored event or trip off-campus, report this immediately to the college event/trip advisor. The Health Services office must be notified the following work day. The student will complete an Incident Report at the Health Services office immediately upon returning to the campus.