All Allied Health Programs include a clinical practicum. All clinical sites require the following information be on record at the school's Health Services.
Failure to submit this information will prohibit the student from participating in the clinical area. A health form may be obtained from the Health Services Office if one has not already been received by mail or by clicking here.
Please submit the following information to the Health Services Office, prior to your department’s required deadline:
- Health Form: www.nhti.edu/sites/default/files/content/documents/nhtihealthform.pdf
- Health Insurance: Proof of Health Insurance is required by submitting a copy of your insurance card. Active military can submit a copy of their military ID
- Physical exam: Must be signed by a Physician or Nurse Practitioner and have occurred within the past year. This is a one-time requirement.
- 2 step Tuberculosis Skin Test (TST): All allied health students must have an initial 2-step within the past year, then one annually. The initial test (step 1) should be planted and then read within 48-72 hours. A second test (step 2) should be done 1-3 weeks after the initial test. A one step TST is then required annually. If you have evidence of a positive test, you must submit the results and a copy of a clear x-ray (within 5 years) and an annual review of symptoms must be signed. You may substitute the TST with a blood test. (Please note that if you do a blood test, your annual requirement must be either another blood test or a 2 – step TST).
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR): Evidence of 2 MMR shots after 1980 or positive measles, mumps and rubella titers (all 3) are required. If any of the titers are equivocal or negative you must receive the vaccine.
- Hepatitis B: Hepatitis B – Evidence of immunity through a completed HVB immunization series (3 shots) with laboratory confirmation of positive antibody (serum titer). If you have not received the series of 3 immunizations or your titer is non-reactive or negative, you must begin the series of 3 shots. The series of 3 shots must be completed within a 6 month period. After one month from the third shot you can draw a titer. If you remain negative after 2 series (6 shots), you will be considered non-reactive and must provide evidence of the shots and sign a documentation of non-converter status.
- Varicella: Evidence of 2 shots or a positive titer is required. If a titer is equivocal or negative you must receive the vaccine. Confirmation of the disease by a doctor is not acceptable, you must have a titer.
- Diphtheria/Tetanus: Immunization within the past 10 years is required and you must remain current throughout your enrollment. You must have evidence of having had one Tdap.
- CPR: BLS, Heartcode, Healthcare Provider, or Professional Rescuer CPR from an accredited agency such as the American Red Cross or American Heart Association is required. CPR is renewed every 2 years and must remain current during your enrollment. CPR that is NOT acceptable includes but not limited to: Online only classes, Heartsaver, Friends and Family, Adult & Pediatric CPR. If you are not sure, please call Health Services prior to taking a class. Classes on campus are held for your convenience and taught by Security and Health Services.
- FLU: Annual flu shots are mandatory at many facilities (November – April). It is highly advised to get yearly flu shots. These are offered in the Fall on campus and are free for students.
- Color blind testing: Paramedics only. May be done at Health Services.
Please note: Maintaining and updating immunizations, Insurance and CPR is the responsibility of the individual student. All changes should be reported to Health Services. Health Services requires 2 business days to process information for clinical clearances, therefore the student should allow extra time for processing.
31 College Drive
Concord, NH 03301
Fax: (603) 230-9308
The Health Services office is located on the first floor of the Student Center.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
8:00 am to 4:00 pm