The purpose of the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT), is to serve as a central network focused on preventive and timely intervention before a crisis arises. The BIT is a resource for faculty, staff and students by which they can report student behaviors of concern that may evoke alarm or concern among involved persons.
Behaviors to report could include but are not limited to the following:
- Suspected violations of college policies;
- Concerns about a student’s well-being;
- Self-injurious behavior/suicidal ideation or attempt;
- Erratic behavior (including on-line activities) that disrupts the mission and/or normal proceedings of college students, faculty, staff, or community;
- Threats of a weapon on campus;
- Hospital transport for alcohol and drug use/abuse;
- Behaviors which appears to be dangerous or threatening to others;
- Other behavior that is inappropriate or disruptive.
It is important to remember that the BIT process does not replace faculty classroom management, disciplinary processes, and/or public safety responses to incidents.
If you have questions about the BIT or would like to report a concern please contact one of the current members of the team:
|Title and Name||Phone|
|Vice President of Student Affairs||(603) 271-6484 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Director of Campus Safety||(603) 271-6484 email@example.com|
|Director of Student Development and Counseling Services||(603) 271-6484 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Director of Residence Life||(603) 271-6484 email@example.com|
|Title IX and Equity Coordinator||(603) 271-6484 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Director of Health Services||(603) 271-6484 email@example.com|
|Coordinator of Accessibility Services||(603) 271-6484 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs||(603) 271-6484 email@example.com|
To report a concern to the Behavioral Intervention Team please complete the form at right.
For immediate assistance with a threat or concern please contact Campus Safety at (603) 224-3287.