Please download our information letter to our patients. In it, you will find a list of the new requirements given the COVID-19 pandemic. You’ll need to read this prior to your appointment and adhere to all of the precautions listed. Thank you for your cooperation!
Our Dental Clinic
At NHTI, we’re committed to providing you with comprehensive patient-centered care while providing our students with an excellent learning experience. Our primary purposes are to:
- Educate dental hygiene students to become competent professionals
- Increase the public’s awareness of oral health. We believe quality dental hygiene care is critical to the total well-being of every patient treated.
Our dental hygiene clinic is a classroom/learning environment where student dental hygienists provide your services. Because the clinic is a learning facility, you may be required to return for several appointments to complete your necessary treatment.
Our students have been evaluated to laboratory and clinical competency prior to treating patients in the clinic and are closely supervised during your treatment to provide optimal care.
The NHTI Dental Hygiene Clinic is an educational facility where students provide dental care with close supervision by faculty. You should arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to fill out any necessary paperwork and pick up a parking permit. Because this is an educational facility, appointments are scheduled in 90-minute to 3-hour blocks, and multiple appointments may be required to meet your dental needs.
We appreciate your time commitment to helping our students fulfill their graduation requirements.
Cancellations: We understand you may need to cancel an appointment. Please give your student a 24-hour notice. Due to the student’s limited schedule, continued cancellations may make it difficult, if not impossible, to reschedule your appointment.
The NHTI Dental Hygiene Clinic operates using strict infection control practices as recommended by the CDC and OSHA. These practices are incorporated to protect you, the student dental hygienist, and faculty. Click here to read our Bloodborne Infection Disease Policy.
Fall Semester hours begin in September and continue through the first week of December. Appointment Times:
|Monday, Wednesday, and Friday||8:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.|
Spring Semester hours begin mid-January and continue through the last week in April. Appointment Times:
|Monday – Thursday||8:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.|
**The clinic is closed during holidays, semester breaks, spring and summer vacations.
The Dental Reception Office is open year-round and the hours are:
|Fall and Spring (September – mid-May)||8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Summer (Mid-May – August)||8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
**The office is closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
The following patient-centered services may be provided by the dental hygiene students at the NHTI Dental Hygiene Clinic. Services performed here are preventative and do not replace regular dental visits.
- Medical/dental history evaluation
- Blood pressure screening
- Oral cancer screening
- Dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Oral health risk assessment
- Education for prevention of oral disease
- Adult/child teeth cleaning, biofilm, and stain removal
- Desensitization of sensitive teeth
- Pain management (local anesthesia)
- Anti-microbial therapy
- Fluoride therapy
- Dietary analysis
- Pit and fissure sealants
- Impressions/study models
- Intraoral photographs
- Tobacco cessation education and referral
- Prosthetic (denture/partial) cleaning
- Periodontal scaling and debridement
|Children (16 and younger)||$25.00|
|Seniors (60 and older) and Veterans||$25.00|
|CCSNH Students, Faculty, and Staff (with current ID)||$10.00|
|Full mouth series||$35.00|
|Comprehensive and Periodic||$10.00|
ADEX Patient Exam
|Non-students and external candidates||$200.00|
What can I expect?
To have your teeth cleaned at our clinic, you will need a minimum of 4 appointments. Appointment length ranges from 90 minutes to 3 hours. The first appointment is a screening, at no charge, to make sure our students can treat you. The second appointment is for x-rays, unless you have current x-rays from another dental office that can be forwarded. If x-rays are not needed, you will be scheduled for a first-assessment appointment (the beginning of the cleaning process). Additional appointments would be scheduled as needed.
Is this a walk-in clinic or do I need to schedule an appointment?
You will need an appointment to be seen at the clinic. When you contact us, our office staff will ask for information that will go into our call book. Our students maintain their own schedules and will contact you to schedule your appointment.
What happens if I need to cancel an appointment?
Because the clinical services are provided to educate future dental hygienists and appointment times are limited, effective use of clinical time is important. If you should need to cancel your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. This will allow time for the student to fill that appointment with another patient. If you cancel or does not come to two or more confirmed appointments, your student hygienist may discontinue their care and refer you to a private-practice dental office.
Can I bring my children to my appointment?
Our clinic is not set up to accommodate unattended children. Please make arrangements for someone to watch your children outside of our offices during your scheduled appointment.
How do I get to the clinic and where do I park?
Access directions and map to NHTI here. Parking permits are available in the dental reception office.
Once on campus, please follow these directions to reach the Dental Hygiene Clinic:
- From the stop sign at the entrance to NHTI, go straight until you come to the second stop sign. You will see a building on the left called Little Hall.
- The “NHTI Dental Clinic Parking by Permit Only” signs are posted on the building. Park here and come into the dental clinic for your parking permit. You will need to place the permit on your rearview mirror to prevent a parking ticket.
- The dental clinic is across the street in MacRury Hall. Enter through the side entrance and take a left then a right just after the restrooms. This will bring you to the dental clinic reception area.
- DO NOT PARK IN THE MCAULIFFE-SHEPARD DISCOVERY CENTER PARKING LOT. THIS PARKING LOT IS PRIVATE PROPERTY AND YOU WILL BE TICKETED AND/OR TOWED AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE. WE CANNOT HELP YOU IF THIS HAPPENS.
Please call 603-230-4023 for more information. You may also email us at NHTIdentalclinic@ccsnh.edu.
Dental Hygiene Clinic
31 College Drive
Concord, NH 03301-7412