College-Level Examination Programs®
College-Level Examination Programs® (CLEP) is the most widely accepted credit-by-examination program in the U.S. today, helping students of a wide range of ages earn credit for what they already know. With satisfactory exam scores, students can earn credits toward their college degree, depending on the exam subjects and the students’ major field of study.
NHTI is a CLEP testing center and offers CLEP exams in 34 college-level subjects.
Test Center Operations
- To schedule a test, call 603-271-6484 x4183.
- Two forms of identification, including a photo ID, are required.
- The cost of each CLEP test is $85, payable by credit card or check to “CLEP.”
- NHTI charges an additional $25 administration fee, payable by credit card or check to “NHTI.”
Our Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) can proctor exams for college students taking distance-learning courses at other institutions. Proctored exams are available by appointment only; allow two weeks to complete the registration process and schedule an exam date.
- Complete and submit the Request for Proctored Exam form. If there are any other forms that your institution needs completed, please forward them to ACE. All forms must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the date you anticipate taking the exam.
- Notify your institution to submit the exam to ACE by mail or overnight courier service. If the exam is online, the institution should email the test website and password to NHTIace@ccsnh.edu .
- An exam fee of $50 is due on the day of the test.
ACE is located in the NHTI Library. Click here for driving directions and a campus map.