Come see a tutor in the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) or work with one online. An English instructor is available to tutor you on any writing assignments or projects, including lab reports, essays, research papers, narratives, creative pieces, resumes, and college application essays.
We help with all stages of the writing process including selecting a topic, prewriting activities, revising, MLA and APA citations, and editing. Call 230-4027 or stop in to make an appointment.
Get Help with Any Stage of the Writing Process
- Tackling a writing assignment
- Brainstorming ideas for a paper
- Conquering writer’s block
- Objective feedback
- Grammar and editing
- The research process and MLA or APA format
When you make an appoint with the Writing Center, we’ll schedule you for a writing conference. A writing conference is:
- A conversation about writing
- A collaborative experience between you and a tutor
- A time to focus on writing issues you want to talk about
On What Kinds of Writing Do You Need Help?
- Lab report
- Research paper
- Persuasive piece
- Article summary
- Observation report
- Short story
- Creative nonfiction
- Reading response
- Literature analysis
- Cover letter
- College application
- Scholarship application
Prepare for Your Writing Conference
- Bring the assignment description.
- Bring your draft.
- Know your goals for the session.
Call 230-4027 or stop in to make an appointment.