NHTI’s General Studies degree program is designed to provide you with maximum flexibility, traditional and online options, and strong advising to fulfill the prerequisites you need to apply to any of NHTI’s Allied Health programs. This program offers a wide array of courses and opportunities and allows you to create a pathway to:
- Transfer to other NHTI Allied Health programs upon acceptance to those programs.
- Be a starting point, especially if you are interested in Allied Health fields but have not yet selected or been admitted to a specific Allied Health program.
- Complete general education requirements and an associate degree.
- Complete prerequisite courses to transfer into programs ranging from Nursing to Radiologic Technology.
- Apply credits earned in an NHTI certificate program or elsewhere toward an associate degree at NHTI.
Interested in Pursuing an Allied Health Program?
All newly accepted NHTI students planning to apply for one of NHTI’s Allied Health programs are strongly encouraged to attend an Allied Health Advising Hour prior to registering for courses. The Allied Health Advising Hour is designed so you can review program and admission requirements, fulfill application steps, make academic plans, and discuss questions. You’ll be invited to a follow-up individual registration session. Sessions are held via Zoom every Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. and Thursday at 12 p.m.