The Game Development Programming Certificate Students will learn programming, design skills, and multiple programming languages using industry proven game development technologies. Students will be required to create several game projects including a team project.
This certificate consists of six courses from the Animation and Graphic Game Programming (AGGP) Degree. Courses in this certificate program are offered days and evenings and can be completed in nine months. This program is financial aid eligible.
While is it recommended that students consider having a computer of their own, it is possible to complete this certificate’s instruction and hands-on training in NHTI’s computer labs.
Who is the Certificate for?
The Game Development Programming Certificate is intended for the following students:
- Professionals looking to get a jump start into game programming
- Individuals accepted in an apprenticeship program
All other students should consider the Animation and Graphic Game Programming (AGGP) Degree instead.
What’s Next After Finishing this Certificate?
Students who complete the Game Development Programming Certificate will be able to:
- Enter an internship, apprenticeship, or on the job training program in the field of game development.
- Undertake preparation for entry-level game development certification exams.
- Continue in the Animation and Graphic Game Programming (AGGP) Degree
NHTI has developed excellent practicum opportunities for our students to foster hands-on learning while simultaneously receiving credit. Nonetheless, the college’s first priority must be to ensure that patients/clients/children/families are not placed in jeopardy by students during learning experiences. Therefore, students in internship, externship, practicum, service learning, and clinical experiences must demonstrate sufficient emotional stability to withstand the stresses, uncertainties and changing circumstances that characterize patient/client/child/family responsibilities. Furthermore, the student is expected to have the emotional stability required to exercise sound judgment, accept direction and guidance from a supervisor or faculty member, and establish rapport and maintain sensitive interpersonal relationships and confidentiality with employees, customers, and/or patients/clients/children and their families.
Game Development Programming Certificate
|Course Number||Course Title||CL||LAB||CR|
|AGGP 101C||Introduction to Game Design and Creation with Programming||2||3||3|
|AGGP 103C||Introduction to Content Development||2||2||3|
|AGGP 131C||Introduction to 2-D and 3-D Game Development||2||3||3|
|AGGP 140C||Digital Art Modeling and Animation||2||3||3|
|CPET 107C||Introduction to Programming with C++||2||3||3|
|CPET 125C||Data Structures||2||3||3|
CL – Number of lecture/classroom hours per week for the course
In order to fulfill the certificate requirements and to meet the prerequisite requirement of subsequent major field course, students are required to earn a grade of “C-” or higher in each of the courses listed above.
Students who complete this certificate will be able to:
- Know the syntax and usage of programing languages used in the game industry;
- Apply Object Oriented Programing design and techniques in software projects;
- Prototype content and game systems;
- Import custom content using content pipelines from one or more major game engines;
- Design and create games in a variety of genres using the programing and/or scripting systems from one or more major game engines;
- Identify and research topics about the game industry and game programming;
- Identify game mechanics and systems found within games genres and specific games;
- Be proficient in the use of one or more major source control systems;
- Understand and apply basic project management planning and techniques.