Students interested in being part of the day-to-day challenges in the dynamic field of business should consider this degree at NHTI. Students will be given a broad background in classes taught by faculty who are or have been successful business professionals. We offer a broad background including courses in accounting, business law, human resources, computer applications, economics, English, and math. Classes are offered days, evenings, online, and a combination of those. Easy transfers are available.
- CL – Number of lecture/classroom hours per week for the course
- LAB – Number of simulation laboratory, laboratory or clinical hours per week for the course
- CR – Number of credit hours for the course
|ACCT 101C||Accounting I||3||0||3|
|BUS 101C||Introduction to Business1||3||0||3|
|ENGL 101C||English Composition||4||0||4|
|IST 102C||PC Applications||3||0||3|
|MATH 120C||Quantitative Reasoning or higher-level math||4||0||4|
|ACCT 102C||Accounting II||3||0||3|
|BUS 170||Principles of Marketing1||3||0||3|
|BUS xxx||Business elective2||3||0||3|
|ENGL 120C/COMM 120C||Communication or|
|ENGL xxxC||English elective||3||0||3|
|MATH 125C||Finite Mathematics or|
|ACCT 110C||Managerial Accounting||3||0||3|
|BUS 225C||Business Law I1||3||0||3|
|BUS 270C||Principles of Management1||3||0||3|
|BUS xxxC||Business elective2||3-4||0||3-4|
|ECON 101C||Macroeconomics or|
|BUS 240C||Small Business Management1||3||0||3|
|BUS 273C||Human Resource Management1||3||0||3|
|XX xxxC||Lab Science elective3||3||2||4|
|XX xxxC||Humanities/Fine Arts/Language elective||3||0||3|
1Indicates major field course
2BUS, ACCT, or IST course that is not a required course, as well as HLTH 101C or HLTH 104C, or DCOM 105C or DCOM 150C
3BIOL 100C, CHEM 100C, and PHYS 100C do not meet the science requirement.
- Students will demonstrate oral and written communications competencies across the disciplines. Students will practice standard forms of communication such as resumes, letters, and reports.
- Students will practice ethical and effective interpersonal skills in their relations with fellow students and instructors. They will demonstrate those skills in classroom and small group and workplace settings. Work experience supervisors will report satisfaction with students’ skills, performance, and judgment during their internships.
- Students will demonstrate familiarity with economic and managerial concepts and quantitative controls in the business environment.
- A majority of the students who begin the program will complete the AS degree requirements within 3 years.
A majority of program graduates report satisfaction with the Business Administration education at NHTI. Of our graduates, 75% will be employed in a related field within six months of completing degree requirements or continue in a four-year degree program.
Students who complete this program can enter into the following professions (not an inclusive list):
- Customer service representative
- Loan officer
- Marketing assistant
- Office manager
- Retail manager
The Associate in Science in Business Administration program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
The Business program has the following articulation agreements in place: Plymouth State University, Southern NH University, UNH-Manchester, Rivier University, and New England College. Several students have also successfully transferred to other colleges such as Bentley University and Bryant University.