The following table presents a summary of fees established for the 2020-2021 academic year. Tuition and fees are due two weeks prior to the first class day each semester. Some programs require specific uniforms and/or special instruments, and all programs require textbooks. Students are responsible for the purchase of these materials.
ALL CHARGES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
|NH Resident||Veterans*||NERSP**||Out of State/International|
|Per Credit Cost||$ 215.00||$ 215.00||$ 323.00||$ 490.00|
(Other mandatory fees below must be added to tuition.)
Tuition rates are based on per credit hour cost
- Tuition Deposit:
$100 tuition deposit applies to the following programs: Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Nursing (RN & LPN-RN Option), Orthopaedic Technology (Degree & Certificate), Paramedic Emergency Medicine, Radiation Therapy (Degree & Certificate), and Radiologic Technology). This fee is non-Refundable and will be credited toward first semester tuition.
- Comprehensive Fees:
$25 per credit hour. (Supports Student Center, Student Activities and Organizations, Wellness Center, Athletics, Health Services, and Campus Safety.)
- Academic Instruction Fee:
An Academic Instruction Fee for credit courses is charged to all students taking lab, clinical, field experience, or practicum courses. This fee will be calculated by subtracting the number of lecture hours from the number of credit hours and multiplying the remainder by $110 for each course. (See example below.) This fee will be added to the normal tuition charge for that course. No academic instruction fee will be charged for co-ops and internships. Example: BIOL 195C A&PI (Lecture) 3 (Lab) 2 (Credit) 4 4 – 3 = 1 x 110 = $110
- Child and Family Development Center (CFDC) Lab Fee: All students taking the following courses ECE 101C, ECE 143C, ECE 155C, ECE 167C, ECE 188C and ECE 215C will be charged $25 lab fee for each class.
- Clinical Documentation Fee: All students taking the following courses DGMS 296C, ORTH 150C, RADT 159C and RDTH 190C, will be charged $150 clinical documentation fee per class.
- Clinical Surcharge: $500 per semester
All students enrolled in clinical Dental, Diagnostic Medical Imaging, Nursing, Orthopaedic Technology and Paramedic Emergency Medicine courses will be charged a $500/per semester clinical surcharge.The following courses carry this charge: ADED 113C, ADED 114C, ADED 191C, ADED 196C, ADED 212C, ADED 221C, CAT 204C, CAT 206C, DGMS 291C, DGMS 296C, DGMS 297C, DGMS 298C, NURS 115C, NURS 116C, NURS 117C, NURS 178C, NURS 215C, ORTH 150C, ORTH 220C, PEM 194C, RADT 159C, RADT 164C, RADT 165C, RADT 294C, RADT 295C, RDTH 190C, RDTH 195C, RDTH 290C, RDTH 293C, RDTH 295C and RDTH 296C
- Course Fee: All students taking the following courses INDS 150C, INDS 250C, MCET 105C, MCET 205C, MCET 250C, MCET 260C MFET 111C, MFET 202C, MFET 220C, MFET 241C, RAET 205C, RAET 210C and RAET 220C, will be charged a $50 course fee for each class.
- Nursing NCLEX-RN Licensure Exam Preparation Fees: All students taking the following courses will be charged the following fees to help cover the costs associated with ATI online practice and proctored assessments and tutorials, detailed individualized remediation plans, and end of program testing to prepare students for the NCLEX-RN licensure exam:
- Orthopaedic Technology Specialty Supplies Fee: $750 per semester
All students enrolled in the Orthopaedic Technology Degree or Orthopaedic Technology Certificate Program will be charged a $750 per semester clinical surcharge. The following courses carry this charge: ORTH 108C, ORTH 109C and ORTH 208C
- Paralegal Studies Fee: A $125 fee will be assessed for all students taking PLGL 104C and PLGL 225C. This fee will cover costs associated with ABA dues, Lexis/Nexis, and UNH Franklin Pierce School of Law Library.
- Radiation Badge Fee: A $89 fee will be assessed for all student taking ORTH 150C, RADT 159C and RDTH 195C. This fee covers the cost of the radiation badge which is required per state/national law and accreditation to monitor student rations dose.
- Radiation Badge Replacement Fee: A $25 fee will be assessed to replace lost radiation badge.
- Teacher Educations Conversion Program (TECP) Fee: A $25 fee will be assessed for all students taking TECP 50C, TECP 51C, TECP 60C, TECP 62C, TECP 66C, TECP 87C and TECP 88C to cover the cost of clinical practice.
- Theater Materials Fee: A $25 theater materials fee will be assessed for all students taking THTR 185C and THTR 250C.
- Travel Fee: A $75 fee will be assessed for all students taking HSTM 101C. The fee will be used to defray some of the costs associated with student travel experiences. There will be additional costs to students associated with some of the more extensive trips.
- Visual Arts Ceramic Studio Fee: A $50 ceramic studio fee will be assessed for all students taking VRTS 135C and VRTS 235C.
- Visual Arts Chemical Fee: A $20 fee will be assessed for all students taking VRTS 130C and VRTS 230C to cover the cost of chemicals used in this class and the disposal of these chemicals.
- Visual Arts Model Fee: A $20 fee will be assessed for all students taking VRTS 133C and VRTS 210C to cover the cost of live modeling.
- Liability Insurance: Personal Professional Liability Insurance is MANDATORY for all students in health and human service related programs which include clinical requirements. The cost is approximately $25 per year. (Note: Liability insurance may be required for students in other programs who participate in an off-campus practicum or internship.)
Assignment to quarters in an NHTI residence hall is open to any student who is registered for a minimum of nine credits for the academic year; or is an Allied Health Student who has clinicals; is a student who only has 1 -2 classes left to graduate – verified by academic advisor; is an ESOL student and be recommended by Dawn Higgins, Director of Cross Cultural Education and ESOL; or is a student with learning disabilities and be recommended by Stefanie Howe, Coordinator of Accessibility Services.
Residence Hall Costs
For the Academic Year 2020-2021
|Fall 2020 Semester||$ 3515||$ 1725||$ 75||$ 5315|
|Spring 2021 Semester||$ 3515||$ 1725||$ 75||$ 5315|
|Total||$ 7030||$ 3450||$ 150||$ 10630|
|Fall 2020 Semester||$ 4220||$ 1725||$ 75||$ 6020|
|Spring 2021 Semester||$ 4220||$ 1725||$ 75||$ 6020|
|Total||$ 8440||$ 3450||$ 150||$ 12040|
|Fall 2020 Semester||$ 4618||$ 1725||$ 75||$ 6418|
|Spring 2021 Semester||$ 4918||$ 1725||$ 75||$ 6418|
|Total||$ 9236||$ 3450||$ 150||$ 12826|
|Fall, Spring and Summer (year-round) for the academic year 2020-2021|
|Double||$ 8900||+ ^||$ 150||$ 9050|
|Super Single||$ 11692||+ ^||$ 150||$ 11842|
+ 15-meal plan: $1725 ($1625 + $100 flex)/semester; 19-meal plan: $1875 ($1785 + $100 flex)/semester. (If a student does not specify which meal plan they want; they automatically get the 15-meal plan. For meal plan changes student must fill out a Meal Change Form and return it to the Student Affairs Office.)
^ For students who are choosing year-round housing, meal plans are only offered during the Fall and Spring semesters.
ALL CHARGES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.