Campus Location Showcases Many Artists
CONCORD, NH — NHTI – Concord’s Community College is excited to join the Capital Arts Fest on Saturday, Sept. 25 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Farnum Hall on the campus of NHTI. For more than ten years, NHTI’s Visual Arts program was located off campus in Concord. After renovating Farnum Hall, the program has returned to campus, and NHTI is proud to officially welcome the program back with a public ribbon-cutting ceremony at 10 a.m. All are invited; just follow the signs on campus. The newly renovated Visual Arts Center will exhibit works by the following alumni artists until Oct. 25:
- Mike Grady ‘14, Chicago-based industrial designer. After graduating from NHTI in 2014, Grady went on to earn his BFA from the Rochester Institute of Technology. He is working as a corporate industrial
designer in Chicago.
- Dan Tavis ‘18, author and illustrator, will have items for sale – books, framed illustrations, and calendars. Tavis continued his education at NHIA and is working as an author and illustrator for several national and international publishing houses.
- Andrew Heath ‘19, multimedia artist, educator, woodworker. Heath went on to earn his BFA from Plymouth State University. Heath is an actively-producing exhibiting artist in several national juried shows, as well as teaching in NHTI’s Industrial Design Technology degree program.
- Joel Bowman ‘18, photographer. Bowman completed his BFA in Photography from NHIA and is working as a freelance artist.
- Robin Sanford Lamson ’18, Concord-based artist. Lamson maintains her private studio, exhibits locally, and accepts commissioned projects on a regular basis.
- Arthur Anderson ‘19, illustrator. Anderson is continuing his education toward a BFA in Illustration at NHIA and is working on a ground-breaking series of illustrations and objects that combine imagery with the physicality of skateboard decks.
- Nicole Rogers ‘20, artist, art educator. Rogers is working on her degree in Arts Education at UNH.
- Megan Goodnoe ‘12, artist. Goodnoe maintains her independent studio and regularly accepts commissioned projects.
- Sarah Morin ‘20, artist, designer. Morin is continuing her education at Savannah College of Art and Design on a scholarship.
- Elizabeth Sikes ‘16, artist. Sikes maintains an independent studio and regularly accepts commissioned projects.
- Erin Lucy ‘18, artist. Lucy maintains an independent studio and regularly accepts commissioned projects.
- Ryan Cloutier ‘16, artist, supporting architect at SMP Architecture in Concord, N.H. Cloutier is regularly accepting clients for commissions in both fields.
The Visual Arts associate degree program at NHTI provides all students the opportunity to acquire a thorough knowledge of the basic studio disciplines of visual expression and to have broad exposure to the history of art in preparation for transfer to four-year colleges and universities and a career in the visual arts. The structured curriculum emphasizes visual perception, technical acuity, and knowledge of art history and contemporary issues with an artistic philosophy geared toward developing a personal aesthetic.
For information on NHTI’s Visual Arts Program, contact department chair Susan Haas at [email protected] or 603-230-4001 x4113. If you would like to support the Visual Arts program or any other program at NHTI, visit https://givenhcc.org/where-to-give/nhti or contact the director of alumni and development Laura Scott at 603-230-4001 x4239.
– – –
NHTI – Concord’s Community College
NHTI is a dynamic public institution of higher learning that provides accessible, rigorous education for students, businesses, and the community. We create pathways for lifelong learning, career advancement, and civic engagement, offering 80+ academic programs to 4,600+ students annually. NHTI is a member of the Community College System of New Hampshire and since 1969 has been accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education, a nongovernmental, nationally recognized accrediting agency.
Press Contact Amy Proctor | 603-230-4001 | [email protected]