The Granite State Chapter #218 of the National Association of Women in Construction will be accepting applications for our annual scholarship of $1000. Requirements for this scholarship are as follows:
- NH resident entering final year of program in a 2-yr school
- GPA of C or better, with Official Transcript
- Majoring in a construction related field, i.e. engineering, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, or general construction, etc.
- An essay of approximately 150 words stating why student has chosen the construction industry for their career. (No other application form is required.)
Application should be postmarked no later than May 1, 2016 in order to be considered. Notification of award will be made by June 1, 2016. Applications should be mailed to:
Paula J Cantara, THE ROWLEY AGENCY, INC, PO Box 511, Concord, NH 03302-0511.
A scholarship for adult women in the Lakes Region area who are returning to college to continue their education in a degree program. Candidates must be enrolled for a minimum of three college credits at an accredited facility. Permanent residence must be in: Laconia, Gilford, Gilmanton, Belmont, Sanbornton or Alton. Scholarships are in the field of health, business or education. Applications are available in Financial Aid. Deadline May 15, 2016.
The Alice M. Yarnold and Samuel Yarnold Scholarship Trust offers $1000 - $5000 per year in scholarships for students interested in nursing, medicine, social work or other related areas of post-secondary education.
- Applicants must be New Hampshire residents who are already in the process of post-secondary education.
- Individuals must demonstrate financial need and scholastic excellence.
Applications must be submitted by May 19, 2016. Applications are available in the NHTI Financial Aid Office.
Candidates must be undergraduates who will achieve “sophomore,” “junior,” or “senior” grade level by fall 2016, or graduate students at an accredited, degree-granting college or university in Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont, who have a declared major in a public relations-related field. While Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) members are encouraged to apply, membership in PRSSA is not required. Entries will be judged by a committee of public relations professionals. Winners will be announced in June 2016. The honoree will receive a $500 scholarship to be used toward tuition and fees. The application deadline is May 23, 2016. Applications are available in the Financial Aid Office. For questions or comments, please contact Donna Eason, APR at email@example.com.
Two students who are in good academic standing and attending a U.S. college or university will each receive a $1,000 scholarship from SeniorHomes.com for use in paying tuition and/or books.
Complete and submit the application form by 11:59 p.m. PDT on June 30, 2016. Judging will be based on the following criteria, that include, but are not limited to:
- Submission quality (inspiring, extraordinary, or otherwise compelling);
- Impact the scholarship will make on the life of the student and the person they care for;
- Whether the applicant has addressed the application questions and satisfied the application guidelines.
Announcement of the winners will be made by August 1, 2016. Apply at www.seniorhomes.com/scholarship.
For more scholarship information, check the Scholarships & Grants page on NHTI's web site,
and the Scholarship Board in Sweeney Hall, across from Admissions.
April 29, 2016