Join the Conversation
The Conversation Partners Program promotes cultural exchange between native English-speaking students and non-native English-speaking students at NHTI. For non-native English speakers, the program is an opportunity to meet Americans, learn more about American culture, and practice their spoken English. For native English speakers, the program provides an opportunity to meet people from different countries and to learn more about different cultures.
How to Get Started
Visit the Cross-Cultural Education and ESOL Office in Sweeney 301 and fill out a sign-up form. The ESOL Clerk or ESOL Coordinator will provide a handbook to read before their first meeting. The handbook is also available at www.nhti.edu/docs/esolconvpartweb.pdf.
If you would like to learn more, contact Rosie Smith at 271-6484 X 4410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If English is not your native language, we can help you
- Understand a syllabus, an assignment, etc.
- Organize ideas before or during a writing project
- Clarify English vocabulary
- Become comfortable with grammar issues
- Comprehend reading assignments
- Read academic textbooks
- Document research papers properly to avoid plagiarism
- Paraphrase and summarize authors’ ideas
- Prepare and practice oral presentations
- Practice computer skills
Other services include:
- Individualized English study skills
- Assistance with take-home exams/testing accommodations
- Practice with pronunciation, listening, speaking, American idioms
- Tutoring in many content courses: business, psychology, science, and more …
For more information or to make an appointment call 230-4055 or email our staff:
What do librarians love to love? Books, of course! (And probably other things too, but that's none of our business!)
Just in time for Valentine's Day comes a heart-warming exhibit of the books our NHTI librarians love most! (This is just a small sampling in the photo above.) You might be surprised at some of their choices!
Visit the Library with your sweetheart and see for yourself. It's a date!
Jan 23, 2015