Leading the Way
From left, NHTI President Susan Dunton shares a laugh with Tom Warner from Admissions,
AET Department Head Liaquat Khan, and NH Governor Maggie Hassan outside the PLTW meeting last week.
On Friday January 8, NHTI hosted the state conference of Project Lead the Way, a program to promote STEM learning at the high school, middle school and now even elementary school levels. PLTW allows high schools students to take college-level engineering classes at their own schools for college credit, at a fraction of the cost of enrolling in college courses. This enables them to get a "jump start" on their educations, and save money at the same time.
Assemble your Biggest Loser Challenge Team NOW! Promote healthy eating and living habits!
- Teams of 4, must include at least ONE student.
- The contest will run: Tuesday, January 26 through Tuesday, April 12th (10 weeks).
- Weigh-ins will take place EVERY week starting Jan. 26 (except Spring Break).
- Weigh-ins will take place each Tuesday from 8–9am and 11am–1pm in the Health & Counseling Office. Evening weigh-ins in the Wellness Center Office from 4–6pm.
- Contest will concentrate on % of body weight lost and consistency.
- All NHTI Faculty, Staff and Students as well as CCSNH System Office employees are encouraged to participate!
PRIZES ... FUN ... TEAMWORK ... MOTIVATION ... All will lead to a healthier life!
Contact Deb Smith, Wellness Center, 230-4000 x4314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, Feb 1
7:00 - 10:00 pm
Tuesday, Feb 2
7:00 - 10:00 pm
Concord Ortho Audi (G 106)
The NHTI Stage Lynx drama club announces auditions for its spring show, Almost, Maine by John Cariani, directed by Jim Webber. No preparation is necessary; you will be reading from scripts provided for you. The show is a comedy comprising nine short plays that explore love and loss in a remote, mythical New England town.
Production dates are April 22-24.
Jan 15, 2016