Wiffle Ball Tourney to benefit 13-year-old with muscular dystrophy
Saturday, September 20 - 9 am
Bring a 10 player team and join in the Fun! Raffles and silent auction.
Registration per team is $100, and will be matched from a business sponsor. Open to the public, spectator admission is by donation.
For more information please contact the Student Life office at (603) 230-4045 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Stage Lynx, the NHTI drama club, will hold auditions Monday, Sept 22 and Tuesday, Sept 23 from 7:00 - 9:00 pm in Sweeney Auditorium for both its fall and spring productions.
The fall show is "Reckless," a dark comedy by Craig Lucas, directed by Jim Webber. Production dates: Dec 5-7. Characters include:
- RACHEL – Young mother with a shaky grasp of reality.
- TOM / TOM JR. – (Father) Troubled, secretive, guilt-ridden. (Son) – Insomniac, depressed student plagued by unresolved dreams of his childhood.
- LLOYD – Gregarious and generous, Lloyd has escaped from a terrible tragedy, and a terribly big debt. Married to POOTY.
- POOTY – Paraplegic woman who pretends to be deaf to collect double disability, a secret she hides from her husband. Also plays TALK SHOW GUEST (a self-involved book author).
- ROY / TIM TIMKO / TALK SHOW HOST - ROY is office manager at Hands Across The Sea, a non-profit. TIM is a sarcastic TV game show host. TALK SHOW HOST – of a ‘Dr. Phil’ type program.
- TRISH / WOMAN PATIENT – TRISH is a taciturn and secretive worker at a non-profit, with hands on the accounts. WOMAN PATIENT – A happy patient finishing up a successful session with her therapist.
- DOCTORS ONE THROUGH SIX – Rachel’s therapists – a question answerer, a question asker, clueless, primal scream specialist, affirmation repeater, infantile comforter. (Male or female.)
The spring show will be "The Heidi Chronicles" by Wendy Wasserstein, directed by Michael Turner.
Auditioners do not have to prepare monologues, but will read from scripts provided at auditions. For further information contact Jewel Davis at (603) 271-6484 x4150.
We hope you are having a great start to your semester. We would like to remind you of NHTI—Concord’s Community College Conversation Partners, a program started in 2009 and developed to help students from different cultural backgrounds meet and engage in a one-on-one conversation on campus at through the Office of Cross-cultural Education & ESOL. We have several professors in the Dental, Human Service, Social Science, Education and English departments whom have incorporated this cross-cultural activity in their courses. We are always looking for more participation, so please check out the Conversation Partners Handbook on our website for more details about how it works. If you have questions about including this wonderful program, we would be glad to answer them. Contact one of us at:
Want to Get The School Year
Off To A Good Start?
The Learning Center
in Most Subjects.
For times and available labs
look for posted schedules around campus,
check the website, stop by
or call 603-230-4027.
Sept 12, 2014
Also In This Issue ...