Wings of Knowledge presents:
Wheat, Flour and Bread
Tuesday, April 26
6 - 8 pm
Concord Orthopaedics Auditorium (G 106)
This events starts with a screening of the short documentary film, The Trouble with Bread. Filmmaker Maggie Beidelman journeys from farm to mill to table on a quest for answers about gluten intolerance and the hunt for the perfect loaf, one she can eat without getting sick. Along the way, she makes some unexpected discoveries about crucial changes to wheat itself and how it is processed and fermented. Let's just say that bread as you know it, is not what you think.
The film will be followed by a discussion with baker extraordinaire Dane Percy of the Canterbury Bread Shop (pictured above), whose baking is “how people remember bread.” Dane will share his knowledge and experience about flours and craft breads.
Free and open to the public.
The kindergarteners from NHTI's Child & Family Development Center had a lot of fun helping out with Campus Cleanup on April 20, sponsored by the Environmental Action Club. They picked up a lot of trash including bottles, paper, and two broken flip flops!
"We are making the Earth so happy," said Garrett.
'Tis the Season of ...
The following is a schedule of senior presentations this week and next. The public is invited to all these events. Support your friends in their moment of triumph!
- Mon 4/25, Hospitality & Tourism, 5-8 pm, Capital Commons Conf. Room
- Wed 4/27. Environmental Studies, 4-5:30 pm, G 301
- Thurs 4/28, Architectural Engineering Technology, 9 am-1 pm, G 301
- Thurs 4/28. Environmental Studies, 4-5:30 pm, G 301
- Fri 4/29, Electrical Engineering Technology, 9 am-12 pm, L 224
- Sat 4/30, Visual Arts, 5-7 pm, Smokestack Studio (see below)
- Fri 5/6, Mathematics, 11 am-12 pm, L 222
- Fri 5/6, Animation & Graphic Games Programming, 12 pm, G 106 (see below)
Saturday, April 30
5:00 - 7:00 pm
Smokestack Studio, 245 North Main St, Unit M, Concord
An exhibit of works by NHTI's graduating Visual Arts Senior Majors, and other NHTI visual arts students. Refreshments will be served. Free and open to the public.
Selected works will be on display at the NHTI Library, Monday May 2 through Friday May 20.
Friday, May 6
Concord Orthopaedics Audi (G 106)
April 22, 2016