It is our goal that your online learning and teaching experiences are free of technical challenges.
PC: Microsoft Windows 7 (or newer)
Mac: OS 10.7 (Lion) or newer)
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Series (equivalent or greater)
- Memory (RAM): 4 GB or more
- Hard Drive: 180 GB or more
- Headset with a microphone (or earbuds with a microphone) that work with your computer
- Webcam that works with your computer
Microsoft Office Suite:
PC: Microsoft Office 2013 (or newer)
Mac: Microsoft Office 2012 (or newer)
NHTI Students have access to Office 365 Education for Students
- Internet Browser (choose 2): Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari
- Ability to connect to high-speed Internet
- Antivirus Software
Note: Other course-specific technologies may be required (such as a free downloadable application).
*Be sure to check with your department chair regarding the best operating system for your degree.
Some majors, and some courses, may require the Windows operating system. Mac users might consider using VirtualBox 4.2.18 for OS X hosts x86/amd64 (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads and select the option for OS hosts), and purchasing the Microsoft Windows operating system, and Microsoft Office from our NHTI Campus Store. Some students may prefer using an alternative to VirtualBox; alternatives include: VMware Fusion, Parallels.