Tuition Assistance: Governor’s Office for Emergency Relief and Recovery (GOFERR)

If you or someone in your household has experienced a financial loss or increased expenses due to COVID-19, you may be eligible for tuition and fees assistance for the fall semester at any of New Hampshire’s Community Colleges. In awarding funds, the Community College System of N.H. is subject to eligibility and compliance rules determined at the federal level.

What do I need to know about eligibility?

You must be a permanent N.H. resident. The deadline to submit applications for tuition assistance through the GOFERR grant is Nov. 30, 2020. The tuition assistance must be used for instruction that ends prior to Dec. 31, 2020.

You must submit a valid 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the college you will attend, even if you do not qualify for other federal educational assistance such as Pell grants. The FAFSA application is available at

You, or someone in your household1, must have experienced a financial loss or increase in expenditures related to COVID-19, between March 1 and Aug. 31, 2020, for which you did not receive other COVID-19 assistance.

1Household definition: If you were born before January 1, 1997, you are an independent student for application purposes, and household is defined as student and spouse (if applicable). If you were born on or after January 1, 1997, you are a dependent student for application purposes, and household is defined as student and parent(s).

How do I apply?

You can use one of the following application forms:

If you have been an active student at a N.H. Community College since May 1, 2019, select “Prior or Current Students.” Otherwise, follow these steps:

  1. Create a Dynamic Forms account by clicking here and following the provided instructions.
  2. Select “Prospective New Students.”

Click here for a list of FAQs.

What else do I need to know?

GOFERR tuition assistance can be used for tuition and academic fees. If you have other forms of tuition assistance, such as Pell grants, UNIQUE grants, or other types of aid or scholarship, you can use them to cover other costs of attendance or tuition and fees beyond what the GOFERR grant will cover.

You can be enrolled in any number of courses up to full-time enrollment, in either credit or non-credit courses. Additional required information and other conditions of aid can be found on the application form.

I submitted the application, and I have questions. Who do I contact?

Please email the NHTI Financial Aid Office at or chat with us live below:

Chat with Our Financial Aid Office!

chat loading...

Contact Information
Phone: 603-230-4011

Stay Connected

Get the latest news and updates when you follow NHTI on:

goferr tuition assistance at nhti
Application Fee