Wednesday, August 12, 10 am – 6 pm
NHTI Sweeney Hall
Express Admissions Day is an opportunity for you to apply for admission and register for Fall semester courses at NHTI — all in one day!
You can meet with an Admissions Counselor, have your transcripts reviewed, complete Placement Testing, and then register for classes with an Academic Advisor for courses beginning August 31.
It’s a lot to get done, so here are some tips to help you prepare.
Prior to Express Admissions Day
- Request transcripts: Contact your high school and request transcripts to bring with you on August 12. If you have a GED or prior college coursework, bring a copy of those documents as well.
- Placement Testing: You will need to complete Placement Testing prior to registering with an advisor. Test your best by reviewing the placement testing process and taking some sample tests here.
- Think about your major: You can find a listing of all programs here and review any specific admission requirements. Some programs may require certain high school-level courses as prerequisites for admission; others may involve testing or references. Most programs begin each semester. (Note: Health programs have specific start terms and deadlines and are not eligible for admission on Express Admissions Day.) Look over the information on the major you are interested in so you are ready to discuss your options with the counselors and advisors.
- Plan your finances: Payment arrangement for your courses needs to be set up immediately, as courses begin on August 31. Some students utilize the FACTS online payment plan, while others make a one-time payment to the Bursar’s Office. Many will also apply to receive Financial Aid. However, keep in mind that the Financial Aid process takes time and you will be responsible for your bill regardless of what aid you are eligible for or when it is awarded.
On Express Admissions Day
- Plan to be here early: Express Admissions runs from 10 am - 6 pm; however, you will be meeting with multiple people and completing testing which can take 1 to 3 hours. We will meet with students on a first-come, first-served basis, so please be patient.
- Check where you are going: Check-in for Express Admissions is in Sweeney Hall. If you have not visited before, you can look over directions and a campus map here.
- Ask questions: Faculty, staff and student volunteers will be at Express Admissions to help guide you through the steps to becoming a student at NHTI. Don’t be afraid to ask questions! Whether your concerns are related to which classes to pick, what sports teams to join, or where to eat, we want to help you make as smooth a transition as possible.