NHTI is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), which indicates the college meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied though a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one that has necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the commission applies to the institution as a whole. It is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. It provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution. Inquiries regarding the status of NHTI’s accreditation by the NECHE should be directed to NHTI’s Office of Academic Affairs. A hard copy of the most recent Accreditation Self-Study Report may be viewed at the NHTI Library or Office of Academic Affairs. Individuals may also contact:
New England Commission of Higher Education
3 Burlington Woods Drive, Suite 100
Burlington, MA 01803-4514
NHTI has been accredited since 1969. Initial accreditation was through the Commission on Technical and Career Institutions. In 2001, NHTI earned accreditation from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Inc.’s Commission on Institutions of Higher Education. In 2018, NEASC became NECHE. Click here to view NHTI’s accreditation history with NECHE.
- Accounting, Business Administration, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Sports Management: Accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- Architectural, Computer, Electronic, Mechanical Engineering Technologies: Accredited by the ETAC Commission of ABET, www.abet.org
- Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene: Accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Dental Accreditation and granted the accreditation status of “approval without reporting requirements.” The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at 312-440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and at www.ada.org/en/coda
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography: Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Early Childhood Education: Accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Early Childhood Higher Education Programs of the National Association for the Education of Young Children, www.naeyc.org. The accreditation term runs from July 2019 through September 2026.
- Legal Nurse Consultant: Approved by the American Bar Association
- Nursing: Approved by the New Hampshire Board of Nursing, 7 Eagle Square, Concord, NH 03301; 603-271-2152; https://www.oplc.nh.gov/new-hampshire-board-nursing. The program is also accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326; 404-975-5000; www.acenursing.org
- Orthopaedic Technology: Recognized by National Board for Certification of Orthopaedic Technologists
- Paralegal Studies: Approved by American Bar Association as a legal assistant education program
- Paramedic Emergency Medicine: Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions
- Radiation Therapy, Radiologic Technology: Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic
- Teacher Education Conversion Programs: Accredited by the New Hampshire State Board of Education
NHTI is one of the 7 colleges of the CCSNH, the public system of comprehensive community colleges that serves all of New Hampshire.
NHTI is a full institutional member of the American Association of Community Colleges and the League of Innovation. NHTI also has National League for Nursing agency membership in the Council of Associate Degree Programs. Memberships are also held in the New England Association for College Admission Counseling, National Association for College Admission Counseling, New England Board of Higher Education, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, National Association of Colleges, and American Society for Engineering Education. The
college is a member of Campus Compact for New Hampshire. NHTI is affiliated with the New Hampshire Forum on Higher Education with the New Hampshire College and University Council (the membership of the Community College System of NH). NHTI is a member of the National Collegiate Honors Council.
NHTI ― Concord’s Community College is authorized to offer undergraduate programs (general, professional, technical and transfer programs, along with certificate and short term training programs) in the state of New Hampshire.
According to TITLE XV EDUCATION CHAPTER 188-F, NHTI is authorized to operate in the state of New Hampshire under the authority of the Community College System of New Hampshire, a body politic and corporate established for the purpose of providing a well-coordinated system of public community college education. As such, the Trustees of the Community College System are charged with oversight and governance of the System, and therefore NHTI Concord’s Community College.
Reference TITLE XV Chapter 188-F: 1 and 2. In accordance with 188-F:2, the Community College System has full and complete authority to authorize NHTI to conduct educational activities at locations within the state of New Hampshire.
Student services are maintained at the primary campus in Concord, NH.
Revised: May 9, 2019
At NHTI, we strive to meet your academic and employment goals. If we miss these goals for you, please use the following points of reference to help you navigate what to do next:
- Visit the NECHE website for additional guidance.
- Contact the New Hampshire Department of Education at the following contact:
Stephen Berwick, Coordinator, Dispute Resolution and Constituent Complaints
101 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301
- For online classes taken out of state, contact NC-SARA.