Your Academic Success Is Our Success
The Academic Center for Excellence (ACE), located in the Learning Commons Library building, supports you by promoting independent self-directed learning.
We offer free tutoring programs to further your educational goals. These include open labs and tutorials for A&P and Biological Sciences, Math Lab, Writing Center, Study Skills, peer tutoring, and group study sessions. During tutoring sessions, you can ask questions, learn at your own pace, and receive immediate feedback.
Meet with an ACE tutor today to talk about your learning strengths and challenges. We’ll help you refresh your essential study skills such as organizing time and materials, taking lecture notes, reading and studying textbooks, and preparing for tests.
Try the Sq3r Method of Textbook Study!
Tutoring When You Need It – Even at Midnight
SmarThinking is an online tutoring service available to NHTI students for Math, Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry, Physics, Economics, Accounting, Statistics, Spanish, Writing, Reading, and more.
If you don’t see the link for SmarThinking Online Tutoring in your Canvas classroom(s), you’ll find it here, in the Orientation for Online Students. There’s even a video in this orientation course, in the “More About Canvas” Module, that shows how to use SmarThinking.
Calculator Loan Program
Need a calculator for your NHTI courses? We loan calculators for the day, the week, and even the semester. Email NHTIace@ccsnh.edu or chat with us live (right) and see our availability!
Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Chemistry and Physics: Available during selected hours in the Math Lab. Refer to current Math Lab schedule here. Online appointments are available during regular Math Lab hours.
- Zoom Room and Computer Lab: Monday-Friday; 8:00 a.m.- 6:50 p.m.
- IT Open Lab: Hours TBA. Contact your instructor for further help.
- Accounting Open Labs: Open Mondays from 12 p.m. to via Zoom. Enroll for open lab via Canvas. Once enrolled you will be provided a Zoom link and passcode. Call 603-230-4027 for more information.
- Writing Center and Study Solutions Lab:
- Monday-Thursdays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Fridays, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Call 603-230-4027 for an appointment or just drop-in during open hours.