Students who officially withdraw from NHTI housing will receive refunds based on established schedules. Refund schedules are published on the NHTI website.
- Payment/Cancellation/Refund: NHTI will establish housing fees yearly and will announce these proposed fees for each academic year. Upon non-payment of any fees or any charges herein provided, NHTI may refuse to register the student for next semester, issue transcripts, or allow the student to graduate. To ensure that accommodations are available to students wishing to live on campus, NHTI will refund the student’s housing fee in accordance to the refund schedule. Subsequent to occupancy, no release from this agreement or refund can be provided unless the assigned room is left clean and all sign-out procedures, including return of keys and settlement of obligations, are completed. Effective date of release will be determined by the date of such completion. All students intending to reserve a space in NHTI housing must pay a housing deposit. Semester payment is due when indicated on the bill. Semester payment (less estimated financial aid) is due 3 weeks prior to the first day of the semester (https://www.nhti.edu/student-resources/bursar).
- Residence Hall Refund Schedule:
- If the housing agreement is cancelled, any amount of housing refund due to a student will first be applied to said student’s current NHTI balance.
- The deposit is refundable if a written cancellation from the student is received by the director of Residence Life by the end of the last business day before the student takes occupancy of the assigned room. After the student has taken occupancy of the assigned room, the Residence Hall Refund Schedule applies.
- If by Friday of the second week of classes, as designated by the academic calendar, the student fails to occupy the assigned room, cancels the agreement by mutual consent, or is cancelled for any of the reasons in the Terms of Agreement, the student receives an 80% refund of the semester’s housing fee.
- Cancellation for any of the reasons in the Terms of Agreement or by mutual consent after Friday of the second week of classes and before the fifth week, as designated by the academic calendar, will result in a 50% refund of the semester’s housing fee.
- Cancellation for any of the reasons in the Terms Agreement or by mutual consent up to the tenth week of classes, as designated by the academic calendar, will result in a 25% refund of the housing fee.
- Cancellation for any of the reasons in the Terms of Agreement or by mutual consent after the tenth week of classes, as designated the academic calendar, will result in no refund of the housing fee.
- There are no refunds if a student is dismissed or suspended for student conduct violations.
- If a student requests early termination of the housing contract at the end of the Fall semester, the request will be considered only if received in writing by the director of Residence Life before the second Friday of January. Early termination is subject to the Terms of Agreement and Residence Hall Refund Schedule.
- If the student is not enrolled at NHTI for the Spring semester and requests termination of the housing contract by the second Friday of January, the student will be released from the Agreement and not
responsible for Spring semester charges.
- If the resident is enrolled at another college or university for the Spring semester while residing at NHTI, they will be subject to refunds based on the Refund Schedule.