Gambling of any kind is prohibited on NHTI property. Faculty, staff, and students are expected to abide by federal and state laws prohibiting illegal gambling, including online gaming. Gambling for money or other things of value on college property or at college-sponsored events is prohibited. Prohibited activity includes but is not limited to:
- Betting on, wagering on, or selling pools on any college athletic event
- Possessing on one’s person or premises (e.g., room, residence unit, car) any card, book, or other device for registering bets
- Knowingly permitting the use of one’s premises, telephone, or other electronic communications device for illegal gambling
- Knowingly receiving or delivering a letter, package, or parcel related to illegal gambling
- Soliciting or accepting a bribe to influence the outcome of an athletic event
- Involvement in bookmaking or wagering pools with respect to sporting events
Casino or other game events are permitted in designated areas, where allowed by federal and state law, as part of an event scheduled by the President’s Office or the VPSA.