A student who has previously attended NHTI and is admitted at a later time may be eligible for Academic Amnesty which provides for the following:
- All grades taken during the student’s previous time at NHTI will no longer be used to calculate the student’s new cumulative GPA. However, grades C- and above taken during the student’s previous time at NHTI will be used to meet course requirements (where appropriate).
- Even though previous grades will not be used to calculate the new cumulative GPA, all previous grades will remain on the student’s transcript.
- The student has not taken any courses at NHTI for a period of at least 3 years from the last semester of attendance.
- The student applies for Academic Amnesty before the start of his/her second semester after readmission.
- The student has never before received Academic Amnesty.