Gambling of any kind is prohibited on NHTI property. Faculty, Staff and Students are expected to abide by Federal and State laws prohibiting illegal gambling, including online gaming.
Gambling for money or other things of value on College property or at college-sponsored activities is prohibited. Prohibited activity include, but are not limited to:
- Betting on, wagering on, or selling pools on any college athletic event
- Possessing on one’s person or premises (e.g., room, residence unit, car) any card, book or other device for registering bets
- Knowingly permitting the use of one’s premises or one’s telephone or other electronic communications device for illegal gambling
- Knowingly receiving or delivering a letter, package or parcel related to illegal gambling offering,
- Soliciting or accepting a bribe to influence the outcome of an athletic event
- Involvement in bookmaking or wagering pools with respect to sporting events
Exception to this policy: Casino or other game events are permitted in designated areas, where allowed by Federal and State law, as part of an event scheduled by the President’s Office or the Vice President of Student Affairs.
Faculty and Staff found to be in violation of this policy may be subject to NHTI Employment Policies.
Students found in violation of this policy may be subject the NHTI Student Code of Conduct and Judicial Policy.