NHTI – Concord’s Community College is committed to providing a safe and secure learning and working environment for students, faculty, staff, vendors and visitors.
Students, staff, faculty and guests are prohibited from having a weapon on the NHTI campus, or property leased or controlled by NHTI; including in any residence hall at any time.
For the purpose of this policy, firearms and weapons are defined as followed:
- Firearms and ammunition (live or expended) including, but not limited to shotguns, rifles, pistols, BB guns, dart guns, paint guns, airsoft guns and starter pistols
- Non-firearms that shoot a projectile including but not limited to blow guns, bows and arrows
- Legal knives with a blade over three inches in length and others bladed weapons to include any type of sword, hatchet or axe. Residence Hall students will be limited to three knives in their possession.
- Martial arts weapons, including, but not limited to nunchuks and throwing stars
- Self-defense weapons to including, but not limited to mace, pepper-spray or taser.
- Any explosive materials, gunpowder, fuses, accelerants or materials which when used in combination could be used to construct an explosive device
- Any type of inert weapon or ammunition including, but not limited to firearms, artillery shell, grenades may not be used for decoration
- Any other device that could be or appear to be of danger to other persons
Exceptions to this policy:
- NH Police Standards and Training personnel, sworn law enforcement officers and Military personnel who are activated in times of a State or National Emergency
- Knives with blades in excess of three inches that in which the design for its exclusive purpose are for use as an eating utensils or cutlery
- Starter pistols may be utilized for specific events by qualified persons with the prior approval of the Director of Campus Safety
- Military or Law Enforcement Personnel who as part of a demonstration for career days, educational purposes or for ceremonies with prior authorization of the Director of Campus Safety
- Tools used by faculty, staff or students in the course of their instruction or as required as a function of their work.
Any student, staff, faculty member or guest found to be in violation of this policy will be subject to possible removal from NHTI.
Student found in violation of this policy will have the prohibited firearm or other weapon, or any object in its manner of use or its threatened use as a weapon will be seized from the student and the student will be referred to Student Conduct.
Any weapon seized and depending on the circumstances will be either turned over to law enforcement, retained by Campus Safety until the owner can remove it from NHTI property or disposed of by Campus Safety.
Guests found in violation of this policy may be placed on the NHTI Persona Non Grata list and prohibited from NHTI property.
Faculty and Staff found to be in violation of this policy may be subject to NHTI Employment Policies.