What will happen at my first appointment?
Patients are required to schedule an initial assessment. This appointment is at no charge and will aid the student in developing an individualized treatment plan.
Individuals with compromised medical histories may be referred to a physician for medical clearance before receiving dental hygiene care.
Will X-Rays be taken?
Current x-rays are required (within 3-4 years) for dental hygiene care. If not available, an additional appointment may be scheduled for x-rays to be taken.
How long will the appointment take?
Multiple appointments are usually necessary for completion of treatment, and patients are under the care of the same student hygienist each appointment once treatment is started. Appointment length ranges from one and one-half hours to 3 hours depending on the procedure being performed.
Do I need to worry about infection control?
The NHTI Dental Hygiene Clinic operates using strict infection control practices as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. These practices are incorporated to protect you, the patient, as well as the student dental hygienist and faculty. (Bloodborne and Infectious Disease Policy)
What happens if I need to cancel an appointment?
Dental hygiene students have established schedules for patient care. Everyone's time is valuable. Because the clinical services are provided to educate future dental hygienists, effective use of clinical time is very important. If for some reason a patient cancels or does not come to two or more confirmed appointments, the student may be permitted to discontinue their care and refer them to a private practice dental office. If you should need to cancel your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time to allow time for the student to arrange to treat other patients.
Is it ok to bring my children to the appointment?
The clinic does not have a babysitting service. Unattended children are not allowed in our clinical facility. Please make arrangements for someone to watch your children during your appointment.
How do I get there and where do I park?
Once on campus, please follow these directions to reach the Dental Hygiene Clinic
- From Fort Eddy Road as you are facing the campus.
- Go straight through the 3 way intersection.
- Follow the road until you reach Little Hall. (2nd building on your left) Travel about half-way past Little Hall and park in front of the building on the left hand side of the road. Signs state Dental Parking by Permit Only.
- Walk directly across the road to MacRury Hall. Follow the pathway around to your left as you are facing MacRury Hall until you come to the Dental Hygiene entrance.
- DO NOT PARK IN THE MCAULIFFE-SHEPARD DISCOVERY CENTER PARKING LOT. IT IS PRIVATE PROPERTY AND WE CANNOT HELP YOU IF YOU GET A TICKET.
- A PARKING PERMIT WILL BE ISSUED TO YOU UPON YOUR REGISTRATION WHICH YOU WILL BE NEED TO PLACE IN YOUR VEHICLE AND HANG ON YOUR MIRROR TO PREVENT RECEIVING A PARKING TICKET.
Are there forms for me to fill out after I have made my appointment?
Yes, the following forms are needed from you when you arrive for your appointment.
- Patient Bill of Rights
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Acknowledgement of Receipt of Notice of Privacy Practices
- Patient Registration & Consent Form
- Patient Medical/Dental History Form
- Legal Guardianship Agreement
- Request for Release of Radiographs
- Permission Forms for Age 17 and Under
Please call (603) 230-4023 for more information or to make an appointment. You may also email us at: email@example.com.