NHTI is firmly committed to developing and delivering continuing education programs that will enhance the professional lives of Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienists, offering:
- State-of-the-art clinic
- Highly qualified faculty
- Reasonably priced courses
Workshops that meet the criteria established by the
NH Board of Dental Examiners
- Liability insurance available for a nominal fee
Expanded Function Dental Auxiliaries (EFDA) Program
Recently, New Hampshire passed legislation and regulations to establish a new dental workforce provider: Expanded Function Dental Auxiliaries (EFDA). An EFDA, already used in 30 states, provides assistance and additional efficiencies at dental practices and public health clinics.
The NHTI EFDA program is designed to prepare CDAs, RDHs and graduates of a CODA accredited school of dental assisting to place, contour and adjust direct restorative materials within the oral cavity. Learning takes place in our state-of-the-art Dental Clinic.
The EFDA program curriculum is comprised of:
- 50 hours of didactic (class-room based) instruction
- 100 hours of pre-clinical instruction
- 6 weeks, minimum of 120 hours of clinical training in the sponsoring dental office
* These courses are not required for graduates of a CODA accredited school of dental assisting.
Program eligibility requirements apply. Class enrollment is limited.
Accepting applications now through April 2019 for next session starting June 2019.
For additional details, please visit our website at:
For more information, please contact:
Lynnea Adams, CDA, BA
EFDA Program Coordinator
NHTI, Concord’s Community College
31 College Drive, Concord, NH 03301
(603) 271-6484 x4217 or firstname.lastname@example.org