This class is intended for users who have Intermediate (level 2) or advanced Excel skills. Please be sure to review the topics covered to better assess if this class is for you. However, feel free to call us if there is any question about whether you should register for this class.
Although this course is designed for Excel 2010, many participants find the content transferrable to Office 2007 through Office 2013. Please check with the Instructor or BTC office before registering if you have any questions since it easier to answer your concerns before the class begins than finding out the class content is not what you are looking for. Designed for PC based computers (sorry not for Mac/Apple).
- Preparing and cleaning the data to be used
- Discussion of the correct chart type for the data at hand
- Use of custom or non “typical” chart types
- How to combine different chart types and add a secondary axis
- Pivot table charts (also covered in the pivot table class)
- Creating an interactive chart
- Formatting tips and tricks to create professional looking charts
Prerequisites: MS Excel 2. Recommended: MS Excel Functions 3.1. Or Instructor’s permission. Participants should have an intermediate level (level 2) understanding of charting and graphing in MS Excel.
Spring 2017 Dates:
- March 13 & 14, 1 – 4 pm
- July 31 & August 1, 9 am – noon