Intended for the user who has no experience with Access databases.
In this class we will create a basic database using the Access wizard and work with already existing databases. In doing so we will learn about tables, rows, columns and fields. We will discuss text and numeric types and we look at primary keys and other ways to control data. We will further look at modifying our simple database table structure to increase our understanding of how databases function. In addition, we will create:
- simple queries that pull desired data from our database;
- simple forms to help with data entry in our database;
- simple reports to be printed from the data in our database.
- August 2 & 4, 2017, 9 am – noon
- January 9 & 10, 2018, 9 am – noon