In order to create a vibrant and supportive environment of teaching and learning within and outside of the classroom, and to ensure that institutional decision-making utilizes the cornerstone principles of partnership, equity, accountability and ownership, shared governance is the college’s guiding framework. Shared governance is an inclusive process of decision making which includes representatives from all constituencies. At NHTI Concord’s Community College, shared governance is implemented through a 20 member College Council and 4 subcommittees: Student Success, Workforce Development & Curriculum, Institutional Research, Effectiveness and Sustainability and Assessment of Student Learning and Inclusion. Any member of the college community may submit a thoughtful proposal through College Council which focuses on the improvement of student success and institutional effectiveness. Approved College Council proposals are then recommended to the College President for final support.
College Council and Subcommittee members and meeting dates and times; initiate a proposal through the submission link; locate minutes to meetings; and note College Council protocols.
Meeting Dates & Locations
1st Friday of the Month, 9 am - Capitol Commons
Next meeting: October 3, 2019, 12 Noon, Mary Hunt Conference Room (SC 225)
Next meeting: November 19, 2019, 12-1:30 pm, Farnum 105
Institutional Research, Effectiveness and Sustainability
Next meeting: October 28, 2019, 7:45 - 9:15 am pm, Grappone Hall 217
Assessment of Student Learning and Inclusion
Next meeting: October 29, 2019, 8 am pm, Mary Hunt Conference Room (SC 225)
- All meetings follow the Robert’s Rule of Business
Guidelines for Members
Council members are asked to follow the following rules of etiquette:
- Arrive to meetings on time. • Members unable to attend a meeting, or who will be late, should notify the co-chairs of College Council.
- Members are not permitted to send a voting substitute. Only elected faculty and Presidential administrative appointees have voting privileges.
- Please raise your hand to be acknowledged by the Chair for comments, discussion, and questions at the table.
- After 2 consecutive unexcused absences, members may be asked to discontinue as a member of College Council so that a replacement can be found.
- Agenda items should be submitted to the Chair the Friday prior to the Council meeting for distribution.
Guidelines for Guests
Guests are asked to abide by the following guidelines when interacting with Council:
- Guests are welcome at all meetings of College Council and the subcommittees.
- Council will discuss only agenda items for that meeting. Members of the College Community with proposals or issues for Council should contact the Chair of Council no later than the Friday prior to the meeting in order to place items on the agenda for the next meeting. However, agendas are typically set by the proposals submitted to the College Community. Any adjustments to the agenda are at the discretion of the chairs.
- The Initiator of a proposal must be in attendance to present the proposal and answer questions. In the absence of the Initiator, an appropriate designee can present the proposal.
- Guests are welcome to take a seat along the sides of the room. Those with proposals will be asked to join Council at the table when their proposal is being discussed.
- Guests are asked to limit the overview of their proposal to approximately 5 minutes. Submission Form Minutes
31 College Drive
Concord, NH 03301
Fax: (603) 230-9311
NHTI College Council
Sub Committee Chairs
Melanie Kirby, Kelly Dunn, Trisha Dionne, Ken Gitlitz, Sue Diener, Kaitlin Moody, Michele Karwocki, Heather Wood