Leverage the Power of Google Tools for Productivity & Collaboration - all versions of Google compatible.
6 Session - 2 hours (1.5 instruction .5 guided application)
Tuesdays & Thursdays, July 13 - July 29
9:00am - 11:00am
Google Workspace is an extensive collection of productivity tools. Learning the power and connection of Google tools for organization, collaboration and sharing will amp up your personal productivity or that of your business or non profit.
Presented in a series of sessions, this comprehensive series is for new and current Google users who want to build their foundational skills. Advanced tips and tricks will be included to individualize the challenge for all user levels. Each session will cover a different app and the fundamental concepts of security, sharing and streamlining workflow.
The goal for this course is to understand and gain hands on experience with Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets and Slides and how these individual apps can be connected to enhance organization, collaboration and sharing in a cloud environment. Related Google services such as Chrome, Photos, Meet, Keep, Tasks, Groups will be addressed, Participants will have the option of successfully completing follow up activities to earn the NHTI Google Pro Microcredential.
Topic 1: FUN Da Mentals - Google Environment and Google Drive
Dive into the Google world. What is G Suite and what does it include - for personal and professional use
- Chrome browser Working with multiple accounts
- Introduction to sharing, collaborating and
- Organizing your drive to fit your needs.
- Issues of security
Topic 2: Making Gmail Work for You
Set up your email to focus your time and attention
- Sort and prioritize your mail
- Customize your view your email so it works for you
- Add signatures, away messages
- Manage multiple email accounts
- Organizing Labels, Folders, Stars and more
Topic 3: Learning to Love Sheets
From Collecting to analyzing data
- Setting up and organizing a sheet
- Manipulating data - sorting, filtering, freezing rows and columns
- AutoSum & Auto Average, suggested formulas and other basic formulas I(Concatenation,
- Creating charts and graphs
- Collecting data with Forms
Topic 4 Taking Control of Your Time - Calendar, Meet, Keep and Task
Calendar for keeping on top of your life and coordinating with others.
- Adding reminders and notifications
- Integrating your email
- Managing multiple calendars
- Integrate Calendar, Meet, *Keep and Task
- *Setting up appointment slots
Topic 5 Docs for Sharing and Collaboration
More than word processing.
- Sharing and Collaboration through our the Google world
- Giving Feedback
- Interactive documents
- History - Who did what when? (All app)
- * Integrating the world of Microsoft
- Copies templates, signature
Topic 6 Slides - the Grand Master of Layout and Publishing
The ultimate layout and publishing tool
- Slides for presentation from start to presentation
- Combining slides from multiple presentations
- * Using 3rd party resources to smooth the way.
- Ebook, booklets and templates
About the Instructor
Deb Boisvert is an educator/computer professional with over 35 years of experience. She is a Google Level 1 and 2 Educator and a Google Certified Trainer. She has worked extensively in private and public schools K-16 and with NonProfits.
NOTE: Individuals / Groups that want to register via PO - please email firstname.lastname@example.org