Welcome to our house! Join our vibrant, diverse on campus residence community and see the advantages:
- Experience: Living on campus makes it easier for you to get involved in projects/clubs that influence your community. You’ll have opportunities to develop new leadership experiences, showcase your ideas, and achieve outcomes that bolster your resume.
- Supportive relationships: Social and academic support fuse together in student housing. You’ll have ongoing access to study partners and informal peer tutors.
- Amenities: Our residence halls are equipped with TV lounges, vending machines, laundry facilities, game spaces where you can play pool, ping pong or game using our loanable Xboxes.
- Diversity: Our housing hosts a dynamic segment of the campus population. You’ll live with people from all over the country and overseas, building relationships with students of various cultures, ethnic traditions and gender identities.
- Convenience: Living in student housing eliminates a lot of hassle, enabling you to focus on what’s really important – your future. You’ll be liberated from concerns (and costs) related to traffic, parking and bad weather travel. Your meals are prepared for you and you don’t need to worry about the electric or heating bill. We take care of that for you.
Get Involved on your hall!
As a resident, you can really impact your community and have a say in your residence life experience. You can:
- Join Hall Council and help plan activities and trips for your building!
- Conveniently work on campus at the dining hall, bookstore, campus offices or even in your own residence hall as a desk attendant.
- Become a resident assistant (RA) and help support other students as they transition to college, plan activities and help build community in your hall.
- And, don’t forget all the clubs and organizations at NHTI. Living on campus makes being an active club member easier and more convenient.
Housing by the numbers:
|1:20 staff/student ratio in the halls|
|3 co-ed residence halls|
|2 mixed gender floors|
|354 programs/activities offered by Residence Life last year|
Lowest college housing costs in the state!
Your safety and security are important to us. We use both technology and people to help keep our residence halls secure and you safe.
- Residence hall staff on duty 24 hours/day when school is in session
- Campus safety officers on duty 24 hours/day every day of the year
- Exterior doors to residence halls locked 24 hours/day and accessible to residents with a proximity reader card
- Panic button on all floors
- Perimeter alarms around the exterior of the residence halls
- Code blue phones around campus
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in every residence hall room
A Place to C.H.I.L.L. (Create Healthy Informed Lasting Lifestyles) Living/Learning community
What will you get out of CHILL?
Students who live in this new community gain the following:
- You will learn what fitness is and how to achieve it
- You will learn about good nutrition and eating healthy in college
- You will learn about mindfulness and the amazing health benefits of using it
- You will learn about healthy relationships and how to achieve positive relationships in all aspects of your life
What kind of activities can I expect?
- Using the fitness center
- Eating healthy in the cafeteria
- Healthy microwave cooking
- Fitness classes
- The art of conversation
- Stress management
- Humor and Health
- And more!!
What if I am not comfortable living in a mixed gender floor?
No problem! You can elect to participate in this community while living on one of our single gender floors in Langley Hall. Simply select on your housing application that you wish to live in “A Place to CHILL” and in the accommodations section of the application type in “single gender housing”.
Space in the community is assigned on a first come first serve basis so apply early!