Resident assistants (RAs) are peer advisors and mentors who live and work with on-campus residents and assist them in addressing personal and academic needs. Our RAs help build the NHTI community by getting to know residents, planning floor/hall events, and maintaining a secure environment. Our RAs genuinely care about residents and want to help students succeed.
Being an RA is both challenging and rewarding – here are some of the benefits you can expect:
- Enhanced skills in time management, communication, peer counseling, event planning, leadership, navigating college resources, and more! These skills can give you a significant boost in your job search after college.
- The chance to make a positive difference in the resident community and in your residents’ lives.
- The compensation: RAs are compensated with room/board.
- RAs get single rooms.
- Have at least a 2.3 cumulative GPA
- Be registered for at least 9 credits
Each of the following 5 elements have be completed successfully to be considered for the position of RA; not all candidates advance to each element.
- RA application, cover letter, resume, 2 recommendations
- RA group process interview
- Individual interview with residence hall directors
- Shadowing in each residence hall
- Interview with director of Residence Life
For more information, fill out the form below: