National: USCAA – United States College Athletic Association
Regional: YSCC – Yankee Small College Conference
NHTI adheres to both internal and external standards to determine eligibility for every student-athlete utilizing NHTI and USCAA standards of eligibility. Every athlete must be eligible by both sets of eligibility standards. Questions should be referred directly to the NHTI Director of Athletics.
Any matriculated student who has paid the student activity fee and has registered for at least twelve hours of course work in the current semester will be eligible to participate in intercollegiate* athletics, provided other College/Conference eligibility guidelines are met.
Any NHTI student who is interested in playing Intercollegiate Athletics must have the following in order to participate in tryouts, practice or games;
- Provide proof of insurance and keep this information up to date with the NHTI Health and Counseling Office.
- Provide documentation of a physical examination from their personal physician or medical center with the Nurse in the NHTI Health and Counseling Office in the Student Center.
- Have paid the required student activity fee.
- Meet all of the eligibility requirements of the USCAA which can be found at the website: www.theuscaa.com
- Meet NHTI academic standards including status as a full time student in a matriculated academic program allowing for no more than one academic failure from the preceding semester
If you have all of the above and would like to play for NHTI, contact Director of Athletics Paul Hogan at (603) 230-4041 or stop by the Athletics Office located in the Wellness Center.
A student will lose his/her eligibility to participate in any category described above if:
- The student does not register for and maintain a minimum of 12 hours of course work in the current semester; or
- The student does not pay the required student activity fee; or
- More than one course is failed at the end of the preceding semester; or
- The student does not maintain the minimum standards of academic progress as noted below:
Key USCAA Standards include;* In the event that a student seeks eligibility to participate on an intercollegiate athletic team, conference rules, if more stringent, will take precedence over College regulations.
24.5.4 Requirements for Students Entering Second Semester
Second semester students must have achieved a GPA of 1.6.
24.5.5 Requirements after the First Two Semesters
All students must pass 24 credit hours the previous academic school year. If there is a break in attendance the student athlete must pass 24 credit hours the two preceding terms of attendance.
a. If a freshman completes his/her first semester at an institution and leaves the following semester, upon the student’s return he/she may reestablish his/her eligibility by completing the necessary credits to reach 12 during a summer or interim period only.
24.5.6 GPA Requirements after the First Two Semesters
After accumulating 24-48 credit hours, the student must have achieved a 1.75 cumulative GPA. After accumulating more than 48 credit hours, the student must have achieved a 2.0 GPA.
24.7 Transfer Requirements
24.7.1 Transfer-Students Who Have Participated in Athletics
1. If a student transferring to a member institution has ever participated in intercollegiate athletics, the student must have been academically and athletically eligible had he or she remained at that institution.
2. If the transferring student is ineligible, he/she is required to complete one full academic year of residence at the certifying institution before being eligible to compete for the member institution.
a. An academic year shall be completed when the student is enrolled in and completed a minimum full-time program of studies for two full semesters or three full quarters.
A complete set of the USCAA guidelines can be found at the following link: http://uscaa.prestosports.com/form/New_Eligibility_Guidelines.pdf
Revised: Nov. 6, 2019