Become a Social Media Marketing Professional
Virtually every organization today uses social media marketing specialists to develop, deploy, and manage their marketing campaigns. This 100% online course will teach you how to create and manage social and mobile marketing campaigns. Upon successful completion, you will be prepared for the Online Marketing Certified Professional (OMCP®) exam. Key topics include the foundations of digital, content, mobile, and social media marketing.
Job Outlook for Social Media Marketing
Talented digital marketing professionals are in high demand. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects faster-than-average growth in the job category between now and 2028.
The Online Marketing Institute reports that companies especially value digital marketing professionals who can use analytics to turn data into actionable plans. Using social media to create engagement with audiences is an especially prized skillset.
Online marketing managers are well paid. BLS data indicates that experienced marketing managers command up to $135,000 per year. For entry-level positions, marketing associates and specialists make between $40,000 and $50,000 per year, depending on their specialization and level of experience.
FAQs about Social Media Marketing
Social and mobile marketing professionals leverage social media platforms and mobile devices to create, deploy and manage marketing campaigns. They combine the interactive properties of social platforms with the on-the-go nature of their audiences to craft engaging and memorable marketing messages. Some key job activities include:
- Develop social and mobile campaign strategy
- Drive traffic to mobile web sites and platforms
- Create engagement – conversations, reactions, sharing – with audiences using mobile devices
- Track conversion rates to determine campaign effectiveness
- Integrate paid media campaigns with organic outreach and engagement
- Use data to create, alter, hone and tailor brand messaging
- Innovate to ensure companies stay at the leading edge of technology and digital marketing practices
Strong training in social and mobile marketing combines training in communication, data management and analysis with a framework for evaluating and leveraging social and mobile channels.
Although many digital marketers are excellent intuitive communicators, the social and mobile marketing domain is increasingly important to large enterprises, brands and organizations. Certification shows that a prospective employee understands all levels of digital marketing: content, data, messaging and engagement.
Yes, because social and mobile marketing activities use mobile and social tools, they are considered excellent options for remote work, including employment, contract or freelance options.
- Prepare to take and pass the OMCP® certification exam
- Understand the landscape of digital marketing
- Leverage the most popular social media channels to further business goals
- Establish an effective reputation management program
- Build from start to finish an effective mobile marketing campaign
- Leverage geo-fencing opportunities for SMS and MMS mobile campaigns
- Write content that attracts attention
- Introduction to Online Marketing
- Digital Marketing Foundations
- OMCP® Content Marketing Practitioner
- OMCP® Mobile Marketing Practitioner
- OMCP® Social Media Practitioner
- Paid Social Media Advertising Short Course
- YouTube Video Marketing and Advertising Short Course
Avinash Kaushik is Google’s digital marketing evangelist and the co-founder of Market Motive. Through his blog and bestselling books, “Web Analytics 2.0 Prime” and “Web Analytics: An Hour A Day,” Kaushik is recognized as an authoritative voice on leveraging data. He has brought his insights to Unilever, Dell, Time Warner, Vanguard, Porsche, and IBM. He has delivered keynotes at Search Engine Strategies, Ad-Tech, Monaco Media Forum, iCitizen, JMP Innovators Summit, Web 2.0, and The Art of Marketing. Kaushik has lectured at Stanford University, the University of Virginia, UC Los Angeles, and the University of Utah. He received the 2009 Statistical Advocate of the Year award from the American Statistical Association, and the 2011 Most Influential Industry Contributor award from the Web Analytics Association.
Bryan Eisenberg is the co-author of “Waiting For Your Cat to Bark?,” “Call to Action,” and “Always Be Testing,” which have all been on the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, USA Today and New York Times bestseller lists. Eisenberg has been the keynote speaker for Search Engine Strategies, Direct Marketing Association, Webcom, and the Canadian Marketing Association. He serves as an advisory board member of Search Engine Strategies, the eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit, and several venture capital-backed startup companies.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is open enrollment. You can enroll and begin anytime.