Do you have previous college experience?  Are you interested in transferring to NHTI?  Here are some things to consider:

Applying – It’s Easy

  • Use our Online Application. There is no special transfer application.  Make sure you list all of the colleges you previously attended.
  • Submit all documents listed for general admission and please ensure you check the specific admission requirements for your desired program.
  • Submit official transcripts from postsecondary institutions attended so we can evaluate for transfer credit. Transcripts can be sent by the college to or mailed to:

NHTI Admissions,
31 College Drive
Concord, NH 03301

Credit for College Courses – Here’s How We Evaluate

  • Only those courses required in the desired program will be considered.
  • Courses must be equivalent in content and credit hours to those required in the desired program.
  • Grades must be “C” or higher, based on NHTI standards.
  • Science and other technical courses, including but not limited to Anatomy and Physiology I & II, Microbiology, taken more than five years prior to the desired date of entry must be repeated to be applied toward most Allied Health programs; this time limit may also apply towards some computer courses; final decisions rest with the Department Chair;
  • Most other general education courses do not have time limits, but final decisions rest with the Department Chair.
  • Students seeking transfer credit for prior college coursework completed at an institution outside of the United States will need to provide an official foreign credential evaluation to the Admissions Office for review; please refer to this list of accredited credential evaluation services.

Alternate Sources of Credit

  • You may be eligible for college credit for your military training, experience, or coursework that is recognized by the American Council on Education (ACE).  Students seeking credit for their military experience need to have an official copy of their military transcript sent to the Admission Office for review and evaluation.
  • International Baccalaureate (IB) exams– Submit score reports from the International Baccalaureate Organization. Of the two IB examination levels (Higher Level and Standard Level), only the Higher Level examinations where a score of 5, 6, or 7 has been achieved will be considered for transfer credit. Credit will not be given for Standard Level examinations.
  • CLEP and Advanced Placement– Submit score reports from College Board. Students who have taken both AP and IB examinations do not receive credit for both.
  • Challenge Exams, Credit by Exam and Pass/Fail courses taken at other institutions will not be considered for transfer credit.