You are welcome here!

At NHTI, we welcome students with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Our student body includes over 600 students speaking 60+ native languages. Our small class size and active campus life allows International students to engage closely with faculty, staff, and fellow students and become a vital part of our community.

English Language Support

We offer courses in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), which are designed to help students develop the language skills necessary for academic success at NHTI. ESOL tutoring and support services and International Student Advising are available to aid you with your studies and as you learn more about life in New Hampshire.

NHTI offers over 90 different academic programs and has been rated as a best value for our low tuition and quality education. NHTI is the best place to help you develop your careers and your futures; as we proudly state: “Start here . . . go anywhere!”

Application Deadlines

Our health programs have specific start terms and application deadlines listed on their Program Pages. All other non-health programs begin in the Fall or Spring semesters and have no application deadlines; however, it is strongly recommended that International Students apply at least 90 days prior to the start of the term.

Admission Requirements

In addition to the General Admission Requirements, International Students are required to meet the Specific Admission Requirements for the program they are applying to, as well as the requirements for International Students Admission listed below.

Application materials must be submitted to the Admissions Office and all requirements must be met before we can offer admission to the college and issue an I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility for an F-1 visa). NHTI is authorized to issue I-20 forms to students enrolling in Associate degree programs only.

International students must submit the following:

You will need to submit official transcripts of all secondary school and university academic records. Official transcripts are the original document issued by the school; scanned, photocopied or faxed transcripts are not official. If the documents are not in English, they must be accompanied by an official, notarized translation.

Students seeking transfer credit from college coursework completed outside the US must also provide a course-by-course degree credential evaluation. A list of credential evaluation services may be found at the National Association for Credential Evaluation Services website. 

English language proficiency is required. If your native language is not English*, you must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam and earn a score of:

  • 500 or better on the paper-based test;
  • 173 or better on the computer-based test; or
  • 61 or higher on the internet-based TOEFL.

Please visit the TOEFL website for more information on the exam and where the TOEFL exam is given in your country. Official TOEFL scores must be sent directly from the testing site to the Admissions office.

If you are currently in New Hampshire, you may complete an English proficiency exam with our Cross Cultural Education Department instead. They can be reached at 603 230-4055 to make an appointment.

Students earning a TOEFL score lower than those listed above may be evaluated for language study. Applicants who score between 380-499 on the paper-based exam, 83-172 computer-based, or 26/27-61 internet-based may apply for the General Studies program and would need to take a minimum of 9 credits of preparatory ESOL coursework for their first two semesters. Students scoring below a 380 on the TOEFL will not be admitted to the college or a program at NHTI.

You will need a letter of support from the person(s) who will be financially responsible for your education and living expenses while studying at NHTI. This letter must be in English and must include:

  • include your name
  • your intent to attend NHTI, Concord’s Community College
  • your sponsor’s relation to you
  • the amount of money your sponsor has available for your expenses
  • your sponsor’s name and contact information, and
  • be signed and dated by your sponsor.

Like your official transcripts, you will need to submit the original Financial Sponsor Letter and Financial Institution Statement (see below); no scans or photocopies of these documents will be accepted. You will need to also bring original copies of these materials for your visa interview, so we recommend that you request additional copies for your records.

You will need a letter or bank statement from the financial institution which holds funds of the person(s) financially responsible for the student. This statement must be on the institution’s official letterhead, indicate the sponsor’s and student’s names, the funds currently available stated in US dollars, and be in English.

Dollar amounts promised by the sponsor and available in the sponsor’s bank account need to be sufficient to cover a minimum of one year of education and living expenses (out-of-state tuition, fees, room, board, books and miscellaneous expenses). Students may download an Estimated Cost of Attendance (PDF).

Any International Student planning to request an F-2 visa for dependents must also submit copies of the dependent’s current passport and immigration documents, and plan to include the cost for the dependent’s expenses in their financial support documents (an additional $9,900 for the first dependent, $3,500 for each additional dependent). You would need to submit a letter the dependent’s documents, specifying the dependent’s name, date of birth, country of birth, country of citizenship, and relationship to the International Student.

Copies of current passport and any additional immigration documents such as your current visa, I-20, etc.

International Students must submit a one-time International Student Admissions fee of $100. You can pay this either with a check or money order sent with your application documents or you may contact our Bursar’s Office at 603 230-4012 to pay with a credit card. Please note a 2.75% convenience fee will be charged for credit card payments.

If you are an International Students currently in the US with an F-1 visa at another college, you will need to meet with the Designated School Official (DSO) at your current college and complete the International Student Transfer form. The form is available from the Admissions Office or you can download the International Student Transfer PDF.

Health care in the United States is expensive; all International Students are required to submit proof of health insurance to the Health Services Department prior to registration. This information is not required at the time you apply to NHTI.

You can download a Listing of US based insurance companies PDF. This list is a brief list and is just a sample of companies that provide insurance services.