The 2018-2019 School/Academic year runs June 2018 - May 2019.
(Summer 2018, Fall 2018, and Spring 2019)
- Complete the Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on-line. Use 002581 for NHTI's School Code. (If you prefer to file a paper application, please contact the Financial Aid Office. The paper application takes 4-6 weeks to process compared to one week when filed on-line.) Make note of the date you filed your FAFSA.
- Your Student Aid Report (SAR) should arrive via email approximately one week after the date that your FAFSA was filed online. If you do not receive your SAR, call (800) 433-3243. (This report is for your records only; NHTI will receive a copy electronically.) Check your SAR to see if you were selected for verification. If you were selected for verification, NHTI will send you a letter requesting copies of your 2015 federal tax return transcript and/or other required documentation along with a completed NHTI 2018-2019 Verification form. Note: Your file cannot be reviewed without the requested documentation. Therefore, please submit the required information as soon as possible. If you were NOT selected for verification, see step 3.
- You must be accepted into an eligible certificate or degree program prior to being awarded financial aid. You should receive an Award letter which lists your estimated financial, aid approximately three-four weeks after your SAR information is received at NHTI (If you complete your FAFSA before mid April, you will not receive this letter until the end of May) or three-four weeks after you have submitted all required documentation if you were selected for verification on your SAR).
- Once you receive the award letter please sign and return the award letter to the Financial Aid Office at NHTI. Please refer to the Financial Aid Process Checklist.
- If you elected to accept Stafford loans, go to https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action to complete your Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note.
Additional Notes of Interest:
- Refunds are usually not available until approximately 45 days into the semester.
- Are you prepared to buy your books? Financial Aid is NOT available in time to purchase books!
- Questions regarding your bill?
NHTI, Concord’s Community College is required to provide information published by the U.S. Department of Education to students at any time that information regarding loans availability is provided. If NHTI enters into an agreement with a potential student, student, or parent of a student regarding a Title IV, HEA loans are required to informed the student or parent that the loan will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) and will be accessible by guaranty agencies , lenders and schools determine to be authorized users of the data system.
National Student Loan Data System https://www.nslds.ed.gov/nslds/nslds_SA/