A student who has previously attended NHTI and is admitted at a later time may be eligible for Academic Amnesty which provides for the following:
- All grades taken during the student's previous time at NHTI will no longer be used to calculate the student's new cumulative GPA. However, grades C- and above taken during the student's previous time at NHTI will be used to meet course requirements (where appropriate).
- Even though previous grades will not be used to calculate the new cumulative GPA, all previous grades will remain on the student's transcript.
In order to be eligible for Academic Amnesty a student must meet all of the following conditions:
- The student has not taken any courses at NHTI for a period of at least 3 years from the last semester of attendance.
- The student applies for Academic Amnesty before the start of his/her second semester after readmission.
- The student has never before received Academic Amnesty.
Please note that Academic Amnesty is designed for students who exhibited poor academic performance during previous attendance. It is not designed for students who achieved a cumulative GPA above 1.7 during previous attendance. Students who are granted academic amnesty should be aware that while previous grades are not used to calculate the new grade point average, they will be used to evaluate "satisfactory academic progress" for financial aid purposes in accordance with Federal Financial Aid Regulations. Download the Application for Academic Amnesty form.